By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kakadu18 said:
BasilZero said:

Yeah, wish the console makers had this for their current platforms.

Switch has it somewhat but I think it resets after awhile.

Playstation (5) shows the number of hours you played when you go to the game's store page but not more than that.

I dont even remember Xbox having anything like it at all in its UI.

Steam (and 3DS so far) are the only ones who had a good set up of it.

Kslost said:

3ds and Wii U both had it set up so conveniently.  I’ve seen it somewhere on my ps5 but I can’t remember where.  The switch resets after you don’t play the game after like 90 days or some shit like that.  And it’s very vague.  I’m like you, I love looking at the specific amount of time I’ve put in to a game.  And doesn’t the 3ds also give you your top 10 games with the largest continuous play time too?

It does not reset after any amount of time on the Switch. Where did you get that from? You can look in the data management section in the settings how long ago you played a game the last time. It says things like: not played, played in the last week, played a month/3 months/6 months or longer, played a year or longer ago. So I went and looked what game I hadn't played in a while and then oppened a game I hadn't played in over six months and it says I played it for 2 hours or longer. No resetting anywhere after a certain amount of time.

It does reset if you transfer all your data to a new Switch system and make that your main device. That happened to me.

My main issue with how it is on the Switch is that you only see the playtime of the 20 last played titles and not all at the same time and it's rounded.

You’re absolutely right, that’s what it was.  It only shows the last 20 titles.  After a title leaves the last 20 it resets though right?  It did that for me with paper Mario at least.

Around the Network
Kslost said:

You’re absolutely right, that’s what it was.  It only shows the last 20 titles.  After a title leaves the last 20 it resets though right?  It did that for me with paper Mario at least.

Did you read my comment properly? I would not have needed to boot up a game I hadn't played in a while to see my play duration if it was one my 20 last played games. I had played dozens of games since then.

Idk what happened with Paper Mario on your Switch but I have never encountered anything like that. If you instead of archiving it, deleted it completely all data is gone including playtime, if you have it digitally that is. Unless it was a glitch or something.

Under normal circumstances it doesn't reset anything just like that.

BasilZero said:
Kslost said:

I miss this feature with the switch, and I hope that DeNa can help them bring back some of this stuff.  Including internet browser, I’d like to see Netflix and some of that stuff back.  I feel like they took a giant step back in that regard with the switch.

Yeah, wish the console makers had this for their current platforms.

Switch has it somewhat but I think it resets after awhile.

Playstation (5) shows the number of hours you played when you go to the game's store page but not more than that.

I dont even remember Xbox having anything like it at all in its UI.

Steam (and 3DS so far) are the only ones who had a good set up of it.

I really like the 3DS playtime tracker.  A lot of good options.  Wii U had a decent version of the playtime tracker.  The Wii actually might have had the best version through the Nintendo Channel.  Not only did it track your playtime, but it also gave the average playtime for all users of the Nintendo Channel.  I wish they would bring that back.

I have no idea why they went to the more vague numbers that the Switch gives.  There is no reason for it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

I really like the 3DS playtime tracker.  A lot of good options.  Wii U had a decent version of the playtime tracker.  The Wii actually might have had the best version through the Nintendo Channel.  Not only did it track your playtime, but it also gave the average playtime for all users of the Nintendo Channel.  I wish they would bring that back.

I have no idea why they went to the more vague numbers that the Switch gives.  There is no reason for it.

I must be the only one who never used the Nintendo channel.

Whenever I booted up my Wii - it was only the games I inserted in - never used any of the apps lol

BasilZero said:
theRepublic said:

I must be the only one who never used the Nintendo channel.

Whenever I booted up my Wii - it was only the games I inserted in - never used any of the apps lol

I used a few, mostly the Mii channel. I despise the Switch Sports avatars.

Around the Network

Just watched The Super Mario Bros movie at the theater.

It was my first movie going experience at the theater in...4 years? Last time I went was Captain Marvel in 2019.

I decided to try out IMAX and watched the movie....I think I'll go with standard version next time for a movie unless if its something like Avatar.

Anyways I liked the movie in general - though there were a few things I thought were out of character or just wrong

Spoiler!
-Princess Peach being a Mary Sue and being perfect with pretty much everything, she even solo'd some of the bosses/minions of Bowser and even made Bowser struggle
-Kongs having a Kingdom and Cranky being King
-Yoshis only a 2-3 second cameo
-Mario and Luigi's family
-Pauline who I assume is the mayor - though...Brooklyn? lol
-Bowser being trapped in a bottle after eating the tiny mushroom seems out of ordinary - thought he would be thrown into lava or blasted off

Anyways, I give the movie a 8.5 out of 10.

Would you rather Peach was useless like she had been in most of her game appearances? If I were Mario I'd get fed up and say "Can't you learn self-defense?!!".

CaptainExplosion said:

Would you rather Peach was useless like she had been in most of her game appearances? If I were Mario I'd get fed up and say "Can't you learn self-defense?!!".

Yes. (Or at least be more like Paper Mario's Princess Peach was)

Edit: You would think Mario would say that after I dont know after the 5th or 10th game :p

Last edited by BasilZero - on 16 April 2023

BasilZero said:

Just watched The Super Mario Bros movie at the theater.

It was my first movie going experience at the theater in...4 years? Last time I went was Captain Marvel in 2019.

I decided to try out IMAX and watched the movie....I think I'll go with standard version next time for a movie unless if its something like Avatar.

Anyways I liked the movie in general - though there were a few things I thought were out of character or just wrong

Spoiler!
-Princess Peach being a Mary Sue and being perfect with pretty much everything, she even solo'd some of the bosses/minions of Bowser and even made Bowser struggle
-Kongs having a Kingdom and Cranky being King
-Yoshis only a 2-3 second cameo
-Mario and Luigi's family
-Pauline who I assume is the mayor - though...Brooklyn? lol
-Bowser being trapped in a bottle after eating the tiny mushroom seems out of ordinary - thought he would be thrown into lava or blasted off

Anyways, I give the movie a 8.5 out of 10.

There is no lava in Brooklyn.

I usually dont laugh out loud when watching movies, tv shows, etc even if they are comedy. But.....

"Peaches, peaches, peaches, peaches"

I was cracking up at this because my mind turned it into another word so the scene and that happening didnt help much lol