By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Runa216 said:
So is it a foregone conclusion at this point that Smash Ultimate is going to become the bestselling Smash Bros game over Brawl?

Smash 4 is actually the best selling at 14.7m total, Ultimate will still outsell that LT.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Runa216 said:
So is it a foregone conclusion at this point that Smash Ultimate is going to become the bestselling Smash Bros game over Brawl?

Smash 4 is actually the best selling at 14.7m total, Ultimate will still outsell that LT.

WiiU and 3DS are different games. Different levels, different game modes, different consoles. Even the director says he feels they're the fourth and fifth smash game. So Smash 4 hasn't sold that much, 4 and 5 together have. 

Point still stands, though. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Wyrdness said:

WiiU and 3DS are different games. Different levels, different game modes, different consoles. Even the director says he feels they're the fourth and fifth smash game. So Smash 4 hasn't sold that much, 4 and 5 together have. 

They the same game it's a multiplatform release.

Wyrdness said:
Runa216 said:

They the same game it's a multiplatform release.

This is factually incorrect. Please do not push your opinions as fact. One is subjective and one is objective. Please do not confuse them; your opinions have no bearing on whether something is true or not. 

The games have different stages.

The games have different game modes.

The games came out at different times and on different platforms. 

The games are tracked separately on VGC.

The titles are different. 

The developer said they  are different games. 

They have different graphics and audio. 

They are different games. Just like Ultimate isn't a port. You are entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean your opinion gets to dictates what facts you chose to believe nor do they entitle you to make things up just because you want something to be true. The only argument you have is that they have the same roster and do have some interconnectivity with the amiibo. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Some cool behind the scenes photos from the original Smash 64 trailer. Yes, THAT one!

Around the Network

Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are the same game. *runs away*

Smash Wii U and 3DS are different games, I thought we had gone over this a million times already.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Smash Wii U and 3DS are different games, I thought we had gone over this a million times already.

It really doesn't matter and at this point it's a bit annoying that we're being elitist over whether a game is the same game or not. I think it makes sense to count both of them for "total sales". However obviously when you're tracking the sales of the games they're going to show as being different, both because the names are technically different and because even the same game among different platforms are tracked individually for that platform on VGC. 

I know this is in bad faith, arbitrary or many other adjectives, but to went from the Switch presentation in January 2017, to the direct mini in 2018 and now only an indie highlight is disappointing to me. Just being honest.

This was the last time I expect a January direct. It doesn’t help too that the next big game is Yoshi until March 28th.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
I know this is in bad faith, arbitrary or many other adjectives, but to went from the Switch presentation in January 2017, to the direct mini in 2018 and now only an indie highlight is disappointing to me. Just being honest.

This was the last time I expect a January direct. It doesn’t help too that the next big game is Yoshi until March 28th.

They don't have much to show Im guessing. The Switch is on a roll and a bad Direct could slow down sales, so I think they just decided to skip it this time.