By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

I feel for these guys. They've had to straight up come out and say it's already decided, and yet they'll still be getting constantly hounded by fanboys screeching "GENO" "WALUIGI" "GOKU" "SHREK" or whatever other stupid crap is the latest meme.

It is amusing how with each Smash game, and especially this one, the standard for character requests continue to fall immensely. Of course, it's only logical - people have wanted K. Rool and Ridley in Smash for ages, now that those happened along with other fan-favorites like Inklings and the Belmonts, the whiners will inevitably move over to the next character, which is continually more obscure than the last. So now, it's come to GENO of all things. What a sad sight.

The worst part is, I think this is a battle they're gonna win. I'm feeling Geno is gonna make it simply due to the whiny fanboys, and it sucks. Not that I've anything against the character himself to be honest, it's just... why? He's so irrelevant, so obscure, and honestly kinda boring.

Yeah I've never got what the big deal is with Geno, even as someone who played Super Mario RPG back in the day, I'd forgotten all about him. And you're right, at least with characters like K Rool and Ridley I could see where people were coming from, them being key characters from beloved Nintendo games, but these days it feels like the next Bandwagon will be for ROB64 or Naruto or the Postman from Twilight Princess or something.

Wyrdness said: 
curl-6 said: 

I feel for these guys. They've had to straight up come out and say it's already decided, and yet they'll still be getting constantly hounded by fanboys screeching "GENO" "WALUIGI" "GOKU" "SHREK" or whatever other stupid crap is the latest meme.

Reading such messages ironically make it more understandable why they decided it themselves.

Exactly. I just think it must feel like a really thankless task sometimes to work your arse off to make the biggest crossover in gaming history only to have legions of perpetually unsatisfied people spamming you with requests 24/7. Sad thing is it won't stop here, even after they've said this, they're still going to get hounded ceaselessly.

Around the Network

Wonder when the day will come when Postman Pat becomes the most requested?

"Jamaharoa. This was written in a book that was not Raeke yet, but perhaps the instrument of God may have come through a path from another world. The space with the road was called so before. "Another Dimension."

Here comes the boi.

Mar1217 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

"Jamaharoa. This was written in a book that was not Raeke yet, but perhaps the instrument of God may have come through a path from another world. The space with the road was called so before. "Another Dimension."

Here comes the boi.

Which one though :3 ?

Galeem, Smash Bros. is just a tie in to the third wave of Star Allies.

So... Diddy went from being one of the top tier in S4 to being around mid tier in in Ultimate according to players who have tried the game.

Best go back to Sheik Zero.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Wyrdness said:
So... Diddy went from being one of the top tier in S4 to being around mid tier in in Ultimate according to players who have tried the game.

Best go back to Sheik Zero.

I don't think a tier list can be accomplished solely based on demo feedback.

This is not from a demo but the recent build his advantages have been severely reduced true we can't come to a conclusion but it's looking like the won't be a Diddy clean sweep for the first year like in S4.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 07 November 2018

No wonder SE have been ramping up their AA and Switch support.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/07/square-enix-books-extraordinary-loss-of-33-million-from-its-focus-on-aaa-game-titles/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

mZuzek said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ehVgI614U

People always overreact to nerfs. ALWAYS.

Can't really compare a nerf in S4 to a nerf in a new game with a different mechanical approach.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

Can't really compare a nerf in S4 to a nerf in a new game with a different mechanical approach.

Then read my previous post talking about changes from Brawl to Smash 4.

Bowser, who was much better than in Brawl, was suddenly 6th best in the game despite being obviously nowhere near that good as the meta evolved.
Fox was considered crap because of nerfs from Brawl, despite the new game mechanics helping him become easily one of the most dominant top tiers.
Diddy Kong lost his double banana and as such was seen as a worse character than he was in Brawl (high tier then). DIDDY KONG.
Meta Knight was nerfed heavily and showed up halfway through the tier list, despite this being before his broken ladder combo nerfs.
Mario, who had never been great in any Smash game and looked unchanged from Brawl, remained in mid tier despite being now considered a top tier.
Luigi was ranked low tier, also because of reputation from previous Smash games, and went on to be a dominant top tier before the nerfs came.
Captain Falcon, much buffed from his awful Brawl iteration, showed up near the top 10, a position he can't come close to making nowadays.

Early impressions simply don't matter. It's actually ridiculous to think that people will actually have a good idea of where the metagame will go after playing a game for less than 10 hours, never mind a game with 74 characters... and one for which we don't even know the proper ruleset yet, nonetheless.

Fox was crap he has only recently become a thing in S4 after years of balance changes to him, the game and other characters, same with Bowser dropping off you're not factoring when bringing up character meta's S4 had one thing the prior games didn't and that is balance patches. Diddy may as well been better in Brawl it's just that everyone else was on equal footing even when comparing him to Brawl people still found Diddy to be strong.

Early impressions may not matter in the long run but they do still hold significance in the present and seeing how things pan out hence why tier lists are drawn up early and adjusted.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate pre-ordered and pre-loaded on my Switch. Breaks my heart not being able to play it right away.

Also, tier lists at this point are silly.

Signature goes here!