Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: The Official Nintendo Thread

curl-6 said:

After they've already spent precious time and resources remastering Xenoblade 1, I'd rather they just focus on actual new games from here on out.

No need to port X.

I am of the opinion that spending time on porting games can actually hurt new games (usually by disincentivizing the funding of new projects, I.E. MK9) but I don't think that's really true or relevant for Monolith in particular. They've been working on a new IP for forever, and I think we heard rumors of Xenoblade 3 starting production like a year or so ago (?). So I don't really think a remaster, not a definitive edition mind you, would hurt their production pipeline much. Although if I recall correctly, DE's creation was apparently done by their 2nd big team, given all the changes and work put into it, which is a little odd, but I could be wrong on that. I really just want a straight port of X though. 

Also I almost had a Switch scare today, thought my console died for a minute  

Zelda fans are the worst 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

After they've already spent precious time and resources remastering Xenoblade 1, I'd rather they just focus on actual new games from here on out.

No need to port X.

I am of the opinion that spending time on porting games can actually hurt new games (usually by disincentivizing the funding of new projects, I.E. MK9) but I don't think that's really true or relevant for Monolith in particular. They've been working on a new IP for forever, and I think we heard rumors of Xenoblade 3 starting production like a year or so ago (?). So I don't really think a remaster, not a definitive edition mind you, would hurt their production pipeline much. Although if I recall correctly, DE's creation was apparently done by their 2nd big team, given all the changes and work put into it, which is a little odd, but I could be wrong on that. I really just want a straight port of X though. 

Also I almost had a Switch scare today, thought my console died for a minute  

Their main studio worked on DE alongside their new project.

I do worry that them spreading themselves too thin could impact the quality of their output and make each game take longer, so if something needs to go I'd just rather it be the old ports than the new stuff, that's all.

And my usual luck (or maybe it's just care) with consoles seems to be applying to Switch as well; I'm coming up on 3 years of owning one and no sign of the dreaded Joycon drift or any hardware issues at all.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Welp ... guess I'm playing Tetris 99 finally after having an online subscription since launch 

Zelda fans are the worst 

I was almost 2 weeks out of this world and barely anything changed in the Nintendo World, just the Min Min and Ys IX announcements. Sucks.

Metallox said:
I was almost 2 weeks out of this world and barely anything changed in the Nintendo World, just the Min Min and Ys IX announcements. Sucks.

What about Pokemon snap? Plus tomorrow we are having a big Pokemon announcement

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Metallox said:

Don't worry bruh .... Pokemon UNITE has got your back .... kappa 

Zelda fans are the worst 

Everybody seems to really not like Pokemon Unite.

Grrrr, it's the 25th here but Blair Witch hasn't unlocked yet even though I have it pre-loaded. Curse timezones!

Hope it unlocks later today, don't wanna wait til tomorrow to play it. This is one reason I prefer physical.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

CaptainExplosion said:

Of course they don't like it. Switch owners don't mind paying for games because they know what free-to-play means.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Of course they don't like it. Switch owners don't mind paying for games because they know what free-to-play means.

It's like that episode of South Park Freemium Isn't Free.