By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SegaHeart said:

That Playstation logo on bottom right .

Haha, this is hilarious.

Around the Network

I just finished the Triangle Strategy demo myself. As I did actually play the first demo previously, I was somewhat prepared for the style of gameplay, so it didn't feel as slow or bewildering this time around. Once you have a basic knowledge of how to effectively position your characters, battle does flow a lot better.

The main feature of the game is the multiple morality paths system, and I'll say it definitely shines in that regard. The choices aren't as simple as 'good, bad and smart', but closer to 'optimistic/idealism, indifference/rationality and pessimistic/skepticism'; or as the game tries to define the three differing convictions-- 'morality, utility and dignity'. There's never a real clear-cute 'good/right' choice, and everything can align more towards an actual philosophy you may hold.

As for the story, plot and characters, it starts out with a rather familiar and simple premise on all counts, but it quickly evolves into something more interesting as you lead your own path through it. After watching the three character and story trailers beforehand (noteworthy as the three characters chosen for those trailers seem to align directly with the three distinct conviction paths), playing through the demo and then re-watching the final trailer, my hype for the full game is through the roof. Three weeks can't go quick enough.

Side-note: I don't care about the name at this point. It's a name.

SegaHeart said:

That Playstation logo on bottom right .

That may be the best 'Reverse Uno' card I've ever seen!

The things you find in the Internet

Spoiler!

Well, sucking IS what he’s known for…

Around the Network
Link_Nines.XBC said:

The things you find in the Internet

Spoiler!

Looks like he's going to inhale a certain hard thing.

Oops double post

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but seeing Nintendo actually give this much attention to the Mother series and giving a pretty thorough explanation of the games still gives me hope we'll one day see Mother 3 localized! Hopefully even make new games in the franchise! 

Because this was a lot of effort for a simple NES and SNES announcement. 

BasilZero said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but seeing Nintendo actually give this much attention to the Mother series and giving a pretty thorough explanation of the games still gives me hope we'll one day see Mother 3 localized! Hopefully even make new games in the franchise! 

Because this was a lot of effort for a simple NES and SNES announcement. 

I'm just surprised they didnt even bother making a 4th one.

They really should test the waters.

That'd be awesome!

Because if they don't localize Mother 3 or make a 4th game in the future, why bother making this video explaining everything about the first 2 games then completely abandon the franchise again? No other NES and SNES announcements got this kind of treatment lol

BasilZero said:
SegaHeart said:

I'm uncertain if it's possible to make a 4th one? Where are the key developers that made the series? Where's the producer? Where is the Writer? Where are the character and level designer to the franchise? Not many can replace the original developers of the mother series? This new Era Not so sure? But the trilogy shoes are so big to fill a new developer team will make it underwelming if Nintendo ever made such a team unless they find such people? So many roles to fill such big shoes. But If they are still with Nintendo (Original Developers) Why is Nintendo holding out?

They dont need to - look how Luigi's Mansion 3 turned out, completely different team from the first one.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. As long as you get a team that understands what made the original games so great, they can then definitely make something special.