By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot reviews

Despite some low reviews still a decent overall score. Some of them are way too harsh just because it's an old classic. I guarantee you if many of those same reviews were rating an old Nintendo classic remastered they wouldn't be saying things like "3d gaming has moved on". Hell some current games are about as advanced as crash in terms of gameplay and mechanics.

Around the Network

I feel as tho reviewers have no idea how to rate remastered versions of old games. In general, not just this one in particular.

This is one of those games that will be hard to score, if you are in it for a nostalgia buzz then I imagine you can't go wrong.

Wow some of these reviews are harsh. How can you knock the framerate for sticking to the original? The move to 60 would've completely changed the feel and I feel like this is one of the few exceptions where 30fps might work better, solely out of retaining the same "feel" in motion and gameplay. They unified the save system and completely rebuilt the graphics. Assuming all else is equal what else could you have possibly been expecting

Sounds about right

A game like this doesn't need a good score. Everyone knows what it is- a Crash game with good graphics. Not like we need a 97 rating to understand that

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
I feel as tho reviewers have no idea how to rate remastered versions of old games. In general, not just this one in particular.

A lot people where probbaly expecting Square Enix type of altertations to remakes. Instead of being a faithful remake with fixes.

hoped for better reviews, but this are great games

People love shitting on 90's platformers these days. They just love using the term 'outdated' because it makes them feel like they've evolved further, with their movie games and shiet.

Yooka Laylee syndrom?

it doesnt actually look that good. maybe thats because i have no nostalgia for it, but a linear 3D platformer doesnt seem like it can get much mileage in the modern day