By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN Producer: Russia Narrative "mostly bulls--t right now", is manufactured for ratings

the-pi-guy said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

1. After Comey himself told Trump he was never under investigation? And even if this investigation does exist, it's been 8 months, and whether or not you like to admit it the FBI has stated they did wiretapped Trump Tower before hand on a seperate issue. Odds are if they haven't found anything yet, they won't.

2. Oh come on, just because Fox did it doesn't mean it's right either (I've already stated I don't like Fox and their crappy neocon ways). Don't use the well Obama got treated this way argument, it's not a valid point. Besides, I never in the 8 years of Obama's presidency had seen Fox bolster a completely baseless and fake news story just for the views on the grounds of Russia. Sure there may have been some, but not on this level where you hear nonstop about it for 8 months.

Just the years of Fox News pushing Obama's birth certificate issue.  

Which is ironically what started Trump's political career basically ... pushing the birth certificate issue which was a clear lie. 

Trump also said he would donate like a million dollars to any charity of Obama's choice if Obama produced his birth certificate, Obama did, and Trump like a weasel quitely refused to pay up. Which tells you a lot about his character. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

legitimate investigations can be carried out on events that are later proven to be faked or blown out of proportion...

It's a legitimate investigation. Period. They wouldn't be wasting their time if there was no reasonable cause to investigate. 

but again that begs the question... since when has it been unconventional for countries to ty to influence the political processes of other countries?

america being the worst offender by leaps and bounds btw

o_O.Q said:
Soundwave said:

It's a legitimate investigation. Period. They wouldn't be wasting their time if there was no reasonable cause to investigate. 

but again that begs the question... since when has it been unconventional for countries to ty to influence the political processes of other countries?

If America financed or was cutting side deals and hacking the infastructure to try and get a specific Russian candidate elected, I would say the Russians would be within their rights to investigate. 

the-pi-guy said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

1. After Comey himself told Trump he was never under investigation? And even if this investigation does exist, it's been 8 months, and whether or not you like to admit it the FBI has stated they did wiretapped Trump Tower before hand on a seperate issue. Odds are if they haven't found anything yet, they won't.

2. Oh come on, just because Fox did it doesn't mean it's right either (I've already stated I don't like Fox and their crappy neocon ways). Don't use the well Obama got treated this way argument, it's not a valid point. Besides, I never in the 8 years of Obama's presidency had seen Fox bolster a completely baseless and fake news story just for the views on the grounds of Russia. Sure there may have been some, but not on this level where you hear nonstop about it for 8 months.

Just the years of Fox News pushing Obama's birth certificate issue.  

1. So after further research I found out Comey lied to him. Okay then, that's kinda wrong IMO, not because of it's Trump, but because I myself would be pissed if someone told me I wasn't under investigation only to soon find out I am.

2. Come on, the Birth Certificate issue? Is that the best? The only time Fox ever really brought up that was in 2008 when some people didn't know, whenever the public brought it up in between 2008-2016, and when Trump took a jump to make an outlandish claim for free advertising from the press. Secondly, Fox never pushed it to the level of CNN on the grounds of a Trump/Obama impeachment. Those two are not comparable, and I still hate the fact I have to defend Fox.

Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

legitimate investigations can be carried out on events that are later proven to be faked or blown out of proportion...

Unless it was political driven. Which it is.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

If it's a legitimate investigation, how come key Democrats and left leaning outlets are warning against pushing the Russia narrative? The Democrats were 1000% sure that Trump colluded with Russia, but why haven't they reported concrete evidence that would prove beyond reasonable doubt after several months?

Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

If America financed or was cutting side deals and hacking the infastructure to try and get a specific Russian candidate elected, I would say the Russians would be within their rights to investigate. 

america doesn't? the greatest example being financing al qaeda 

they are doing the same thing now btw... by arming rebels to destabalise syria...

o_O.Q said:
Soundwave said:

they are doing the same thing now btw... by arming rebels to destabalise syria...

"Great conversative" Ronald Reagan financed Al Qaeda. 

And we have ISIS because "conservative" Bush destroyed Iraq. 

But hey, conservatives sure don't like to talk about that. 

the-pi-guy said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

1. So after further research I found out Comey lied to him. Okay then, that's kinda wrong IMO, not because of it's Trump, but because I myself would be pissed if someone told me I wasn't under investigation only to soon find out I am.

2. Come on, the Birth Certificate issue? Is that the best? The only time Fox ever really brought up that was in 2008 when some people didn't know, whenever the public brought it up in between 2008-2016, and when Trump took a jump to make an outlandish claim for free advertising from the press. Secondly, Fox never pushed it to the level of CNN on the grounds of a Trump/Obama impeachment. Those two are not comparable, and I still hate the fact I have to defend Fox.

1.  He was put under investigation after Comey.  

Okay so wait, I remember the Comey story where Comey himself told Trump was not under investigation for the Russia ordeal, so where does that stand? The whole Comey investigation is its own seperate thing, and I highly doubt they will find anything there, so I don't tend to classify it together with the Russia thing. That being said, as someone myself who believes in innocent until proven guilty, what point is there to constantly investigate Trump when no clear evidence is present? If you want to get him out at all costs, quit bitting at the small things and leaving yourself exposed. Every investigation that goes Trump's way will only increase his reputation. 

Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

"Great conversative" Ronald Reagan financed Al Qaeda. 

And we have ISIS because "conservative" Bush destroyed Iraq. 

But hey, conservatives sure don't like to talk about that. 

You need to quit generalizing about Conservatives, a lot of us hated Bush. Also just because Reagan and Bush started it, it doesn't make it okay that Clinton or Obama didn't stop it. How about we quit assigning blame and just realize the government did it to us?