By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is Nintendo doing?

leo-j said:
NintendoPie said:
leo-j, really? Do you honestly believe the trite you type?

What I've said isn't wrong?

3ds and 2ds continue to get more support and games than the switch by a wide margin.... 

virtual console is not even happening on the switch.(with little to no announcement).. when the 3ds had it from the get go 

Unlike Sony and Xbox , instead of remastering the games and releasing them on switch, they are dropping entirely new consoles with 20 plus pack in games..... where's the switch support?

Well, everything.

1. On support. Nintendo announced this year for Switch: Super Mario Oddyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, a mainline Fire Emblem game, the next mainline Pokemon game, the next mainline Kirby game, the next mainline Yoshi's Island game, Metroid Prime 4, Arms, Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. You think 3DS has significantly more support than this, which is wrong. Also, if you are talking about promotion, did you not see E3 and don't pay attention to advertisement or Nintendo's social media? It's HEAVILY in favour of the Switch.

2. They announced a virtual console, just no details yet. They also announced a classic title subscription service. So, wrong on that point too.

3. They released Super Mario Kart: Complete, if you think that is going to be the only re-release Nintendo does, then you're going to turn out wrong; based on Wii U, it's more than likely we'll see more re-releases soon, probably before the end of 2017 since Nintendo still has more games to announce for this year. So probably wrong there as well.

So on all three points, two you are definitively wrong on, and the third, you are most likely wrong with.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

NES classic didn't make much money for Nintendo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lqgOsl8cZo
So with the snes classic that probably uses the same or simpler chip set is more expensive and has less games they will make more money, but they would still prefer you to use virtual console it is mainly for publicity for their brand.

Nintendo is making money leo-j

Click HERE and be happy 

Ah a leo j thread hating on Nintendo..should have known.

Man some people sure can spin things and see things the way they want to see them.. If this thread isn't the ultimate proof haha

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

Nintendo is doing a lot of shit that is making me thwarted. Nice games, but with how they're handling hardware, it's rage inducing. Seriously, any informed person following the industry knows the SNES Classic is an absolute ripoff. It's saddening as I'm on the boat of people who believe the SNES is one of the greatest consoles of all-time, and Nintendo's definitive greatest console- and the fact they have the audacity to sell if for $80 with only 21 games is a shame. Not just that, but it's mostly just Nintendo published games. I'm sure Nintendo, if they cared, could sort out any licensing issues as well.

This deters me from believing in Virtual Console for the Switch as well, at least soon.

*sigh*

I majorly disagree with your post though in general. Very exaggerative, Switch gets outsold by PS4 once in a certain week and now you're stating it's "leading by a significant margin" Lol wut? The Switch won't fall below Xbone, not with Japanese support either. There was 990 people waiting in one boisterous line to WIN a raffle to even get to buy a Switch. It's preposterous.

Nobody makes weird business decisions more than Nintendo. Lucky for them, they seem to get enough of them right to keep going. But, it causes this weird boom-bust cycle for them. I'm surprised investors haven't put a stop to it.

JRPGfan said:
Medisti said:

So far, only for one week. After two months of data where the Switch was outselling it. That doesn't mean the Switch it going to overtake it or anything, but you're really reaching for evidence to support your beloved Playstation.

Most of May (ps4 won NPD), and all of June (every week PS4 has been ahead).

Production/shipping increase's at some point in july.... switch might win npd in july.

But so far Switch comes out, wins NPD 2 first months, and then loses the next 2 months.

Its not just one week.

I was refering to the WW numbers.

Making money, that's what they're doing B-)

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

guiduc said:
leo-j said:

The PS4 out for over 4 years is outselling the switch by a significant margin.... 

ffs leo-j, think with your brain. The console is heavily supply-constrained and PS4 is being adjusted by VGC because of undertracking. And it's common knowledge that most console have their peak year within the third year of their release. Give it a chance!

Not to mention if you look at the first months of PS4, it was doing about the same Switch is being doing (outside of launch because it had more supply due to... holiday season lol). Hell, Switch might match, or even surpass PS4's first 12 months if Nintendo supply enough units. I don't know how that's "struggling". Their stock is super high as well.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won