By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is Nintendo doing?

Soundwave said:
Not making a Super NES Mini would be stupid. We will have a N64 Mini too.

It's an easy 3-5 million in sales at $10-$20 profit per unit for Nintendo, which basically is like having an extra big hit game for them profit wise.

Probably more like 50-60$ profit on each.

I doubt it costs nintendo more than 20-30$ to make one of these.

Around the Network

Can't wait for a rubik cube sized GC mini

JRPGfan said:

It also costs money to license those Square games though.  Then there is the cost of getting it into the retail distribution channel and the cost of cutting retails in.

JRPGfan said:
Soundwave said:
Not making a Super NES Mini would be stupid. We will have a N64 Mini too.

It's an easy 3-5 million in sales at $10-$20 profit per unit for Nintendo, which basically is like having an extra big hit game for them profit wise.

You are forgetting retail cut/shipping, though. I'd settle for 30-40$

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Medisti said:
leo-j said:

The PS4 out for over 4 years is outselling the switch by a significant margin.... 

So far, only for one week. After two months of data where the Switch was outselling it. That doesn't mean the Switch it going to overtake it or anything, but you're really reaching for evidence to support your beloved Playstation.

Most of May (ps4 won NPD), and all of June (every week PS4 has been ahead).

Production/shipping increase's at some point in july.... switch might win npd in july.

But so far Switch comes out, wins NPD 2 first months, and then loses the next 2 months.

Its not just one week.

Around the Network

It feels like 2007 in here all over agin.

Nintendo has been selling hardware for more than 40 years, I think they know what they're doing. Meanwhile you're thread doesn't even make that much sense.

The Switch will soon be under the Xbox one in weekly sales?

So, under 80 thousand units a week?

Jesus. That would be catastrophic.

I stopped taking anything this guy says seriously tbh. After months of the Switch beating out the PS4 in sales (not saying it will overtake it or anything) and there is ONE week that the PS4 sells slightly more due to supply constraints, and all of a sudden he says, "Switch is struggling, PS4 leading by large margin."

And that is just one of the many things wrong with this post! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

They're taking an all-around strategy this time. Very different. Really poking at the market from every angle they can, and hey, it seems to be working.