By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My "first" Nintendo system

Add Kid Icarus to your list.
I did not mind the poor controls at all and the game is super charming.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Between last post and now i've bought Ocarina, Zelda ALBW, Majora's mask and Xenoblade

So far the only games i've finished are the 3 zelda games, the others are all reaaally big

Yeah I guess Xenoblade is so big it counts as multiple games. (?)

I meant Xeno and the others i had already gotten before (DQVII and FE)

Edit: didn't even realize this was an old post my bad lmao. Hope you are enjoying your system and games!

Welcome! Idk what type of games you like but I'm gonna give you some recommendations anyways lmao

Any of the Fire Emblem games. Awakening, Fates (Revelations is the best in terms of story imo) and Echoes.
Shin Megami Tensei IV, as well as Apocalypse. Apocalypse is much better, one of my favorites.
Bravely Default and Second, Second is also better imo.
The SMT spinoffs, Devil Survivor 1 and 2. And again, the sequel is better imo.
Codename STEAM. Actually a fantastic game, I just wish it had better appeal with the characters.

And one of the most hidden gems on the 3DS, Stella Glow. That game is absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed that game so freaking much. It is definitely one of my top favorites.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Roronaa_chan said:

Update after almost 2 months

Between last post and now i've bought Ocarina, Zelda ALBW, Majora's mask and Xenoblade

So far the only games i've finished are the 3 zelda games, the others are all reaaally big
MM has become one of my all time faves (yeah it's better than OOT)

edit: Also, despite a somewhat averse reaction to the 3d effect at first, i've grown to really enjoy it and wanting it enabled all the time in certain games (the 3d zelda games being a good example). I can do without it in a couple of games though, but regardless, glad I got this instead of the New 2DS.

Yeah, that 3D effect is really nice. I use it most of the time, even in games that don't really need it like Project X Zone 2 or Bravely Default.

Have a nice time

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Roronaa_chan said:

..none. Plan was to start with Xenoblade but I thought i'd try several demos at the eshop before deciding on my first full game.

In that case try the demo for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.
Especially if you've played 999 for DS.

I played 999 on the phone and VLR on the Vita

Still have to play ZTD

I had my first Nintendo system with the NES. They go alright.
Yes i am old

Azzanation said:
Yes i am old

I don't know if I ever played on a NES..but i do remember playing a neighbor's SNES. I owned a Mega drive instead

Roronaa_chan said:
Azzanation said:
Yes i am old

I don't know if I ever played on a NES..but i do remember playing a neighbor's SNES. I owned a Mega drive instead

They are amazing products.  Both NES and SNES.  So many good memories. I still own them aswell. Except my SNES broke down like my PS1. Age does that.. except my NES , that thing is a tank.  Thing refuses to die haha.

I found the 3DS a terrible handheld imo. That said, it did have some really good games. I'll make a list of my favorites with short impressions, maybe it can inspire you to take a look at them.

Ocarina of Time 3D: great game with some fantastic dungeon designs. Not the best Zelda ever but you can't go wrong with this.

Majora's Mask 3D: one of the best Zelda games ever and definitely better than Ocarina of Time. It has some great concepts and easily the best side-quests in the entire franchise.

A Link Between Worlds: I really love the wall painting mechanic and this is easily my favorite 2D Zelda game. Not a fan of the art-style, but the gameplay is amazing. I've probably finished this game about four times by now.

Fire Emblem Awakening: I suggest you skip this one, the story is forgettable, graphics are ugly and the gameplay is too easy.

Fire Emblem Fates - Conquest: now this is a great game! Improved graphics and varied and challenging gameplay. Interesting characters and while the story is nothing that will blow you away, it's at least better than Awakening.

Pokémon Sun & Moon; definitely the best Pokémon game on the 3DS. It has some great Pokémon designs and the graphics look good. Tutorials in the beginning are annoying though and there's little post-game content.

I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii, but it's my favorite Wii game, so that says enough. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides