By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2017: Indies 'Less Relevant Now,' Says PlayStation's Jim Ryan

Lawlight said:
I never bought an indie game in my life.

That explains a lot

Around the Network
twintail said:
Nuvendil said:

Not much to say on this non-story, but what?  There are physical releases out and coming for Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS, and Switch.  What are you even talking about?

I think he is reffering to Limited Games, who basically does PS4/ Vita releases only because Sony allows a lower minimum order for physical disks than either MS or Nintendo (who are not low enough). 

Not only  lrg..there are quit a handful  of publisher  who can only  publish a physical  version  of a game because  Nintendo  en Microsoft  don't  allow it.

Thats why the ps4's physical  library  will be legendary. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

SegataSanshiro said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Sony is still the absolute nr1 company who supports indies on consoles, there also the only one who actually allows them to release there games physical.

He is right indies are not that important for sony in a way that they  will be talked about  at e3 when sony  themselves  have 14 exclusives  they need to sell to consumers.

Everyone  knows there are a lot of indies on ps4 they don't  need to show it every  second. 

dafuq? No one prevents indies from releasing physical,it's a budget thing. Wii U got a bunch of physical indie games. Switch is already loaded with them and some not physical on PS4 at all.

Nintendo  and Microsoft  don't  allow smaller  runs. 

Also can you  please  elaborate  what" loaded means?"

I love physical  indies  i even keep track of them" check  yt physical  master  race  epo's"

Ps4 is reaching  the 200 physical  indies.

Going  even further  lrg has announced  17 new physical  indies for ps4/vita.

Switch has about  what 3-6? 

My youtube gaming page.

xl-klaudkil said:
SegataSanshiro said:

dafuq? No one prevents indies from releasing physical,it's a budget thing. Wii U got a bunch of physical indie games. Switch is already loaded with them and some not physical on PS4 at all.

I love physical  indies  i even keep track of them" check  yt physical  master  race  epo's"

Switch was released only 3 months ago, you know?

Goodnightmoon said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Then  why would that person be so..uh..you know for saying  switch is already  " loaded"

Don't  say stuff  if you can't  handle what others  will say about  ir ofcourse  i know switch is 3 months old.

And  even then ( xbox 1 same year  wiiu year older)

If Nintendo  won't  allow companies  like lrg, specialreserved  games, iam8bit, eastasiasoft, badlandgames  to create  smaller  runs for the  switch it has noo chance ever to be as big as on ps4.

My youtube gaming page.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Then  why woul that person be so..uh..you know for saying  switch is already  " loaded"

Just saying. 

Because the console had a lot of indie games in that short period of time, it has more than 20 actually (not 3-6)

Comparing the indie library of a 3 months old console with a 4 years old console is pretty laughable, just saying.

Goodnightmoon said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Then  why woul that person be so..uh..you know for saying  switch is already  " loaded"

Just saying. 

Because the console had a lot of indie games in that short period of time, it has more than 20 actually (not 3-6)

Comparing the indie library of a 3 months old console with a 4 years old console is pretty laughable, just saying.

Can you please  name those 20 physical  games?

I know of.

Redout

Another  game like Redout. 

Binding  of isaac

Cave story+

Has been heroes

Rime

And 2 upcoming 

Sine mora ex and troll and i.

Also please  read carefully  why i replied again,  the guy said switch is " loaded"  and i just  said its not, the fact its 3 monrhs old means nothing.  

Wiiu is 4? 5? Years  and well..nothing  compared  to ps4's.

Without  support  of lrg the physical  indie scene  will be small on that platform. ( even vita has more then 3ds)

My youtube gaming page.

Learned the hard way from No Memes Sky laymao

xl-klaudkil said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Can you please  name those 20 physical  games?

I know of.

Redout

Another  game like Redout. 

Binding  of isaac

Cave story+

Has been heroes

Rime

And 2 upcoming 

Sine mora ex and troll and i.

Also please  read carefully  why i replied again,  the guy said switch is " loaded"  and i just  said its not, the fact its 3 monrhs old means nothing.  

Wiiu is 4? 5? Years  and well..nothing  compared  to ps4's.

Without  support  of lrg the physical  indie scene  will be small on that platform. ( even vita has more then 3ds)

Semantics.

Oh, how wonderful is the dictatorship of the AAA blockbustery games :)