By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA “exploring other products” for Switch, has to consider “player differences”

BraLoD said:
Flilix said:
I hope Rocket League outsells FIFA 18 on Switch, maybe then they'll realise Switch players don't want a downgraded port.

Then Nintendo should stop making considerably weaker hardware than those where those games are build for.

In your magical dream world, you can obviously house XBone or PS4 hardware within a tablet? I swear people deliberately forget that Switch is a handheld; or at least a hybrid.

Around the Network

bring on the sports games. pretty much anyone who likes watching sport will play those o matter what system.

BraLoD said:
Flilix said:
I hope Rocket League outsells FIFA 18 on Switch, maybe then they'll realise Switch players don't want a downgraded port.

Then Nintendo should stop making considerably weaker hardware than those where those games are build for.

In the interview she clearly stated that "it isn't at all related to technology".

BraLoD said:
routsounmanman said:

In your magical dream world, you can obviously house XBone or PS4 hardware within a tablet? I swear people deliberately forget that Switch is a handheld; or at least a hybrid.

My magical dream world? And where the fuck I said something like that? Don't make assumptions, specially being that rude.

He wants Nintendo to not get downgraded ports compared to consoles, then ask for Nintendo to do similar hardware to those, that's about it.

BraLoD couldn't have said it better myself. Can't complain about Nintendo getting downgraded ports when your system is considerably weaker. Weaker systems get weaker ports 

Mnementh said:
oniyide said:

People were doing that with Wii u and we saw how well those games sold

They were?

No, this doesn't work if you release one old port or something. The players that like EA-portfolio will get a console, if itgets all or most games, not if it gets one old port. There measure in a lot of expectations though. Players at this point expect to have all EA-games on Sony and no serious EA-support on Nintendo. But generally: if they release major parts of their portfolio, many gamers will lose their doubts.

Speaking of expectations: based on their stellar support of the 3DS I expected more from Atlus for Switch than this one SMT-announcement. If they not reinforce the trust of the gamers somewhere down the line, Atlus might lose potential on the Switch.

But EA has nothing to gain by splitting their fanbase. Heck, the ideal situation for EA would be if everyone who bought there games were on the same console - that way they could lower developing costs.

It doesn't make sense to release multiple games for a system, if all it does is move the already existing fanbase from one platform to the other, while at the same time costing more to develop. For it to make sense for EA, there has to be potential to expand the fanbase substantially enough.

Around the Network

Man no matter what third parties just don't like it.

This is why the Switch could never be my gaming platform of choice (out of PC/PS4/XB1/NS) if I had to pick only one.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Flilix said:

Yep then they just don't release games for Switch because their biggest franchise didn't do well.

It's far less powerful than PS4/XB1 and a solar system away from PS4P/XBX, there's no such thing as a port that isn't 'downgraded' for Switch. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Very lukewarm. They really were just dipping their toes.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Flilix said:
BraLoD said:

In the interview she clearly stated that "it isn't at all related to technology".

And Sony nixin cross-platform play is really due to "safety concerns"...

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

d21lewis said:
I've been dying--DYING for competent versions of games like wrestling that I can take with me to work. That's all I want. A return to the PSP days. If they make it, I'll buy it.

You hear me, EA? I'LL BUY IT!!

Wrestling games are made by 2k games though aren't they? I don't think EA have anything to do with that. It's Take 2 interactive which are the crowd behind GTA,.... so yeah... very unlikely to head to the Switch methinks.

I could be completely wrong on that btw now, I'm just thinking that the games are called WWE 2k16 and such, could be just wrongmania

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive