By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Looking Forward to “Selling a Lot of PS4 Pros” This Christmas, Says It Underestimated Demand

shikamaru317 said:
FentonCrackshell said:

I don't think i'll struggle at all though. What I think will happen is it'll sell alongside the PS4 (Pro) and not really gain any headway into Sony's lead. And that in turn will lead to the X1X price drop.

I hope it'll still sell well thanks to it's increased power, but it feels like a really hard sell to me. If PS4 Pro drops to $350 and gets a bundled game this Holiday, we're looking at the equivalent of a $210 difference between the two this Holiday ($150 + $60 bundled game), unless XB1X has a bundled game as well, and even then we're still looking at a $150 difference for what is essentially just a resolution bump that you can only see if you have a 4K tv, doesn't seem like much of a selling point to me, not when 4K tv marketshare is so low right now. Now if MS had guranteed 1080p 60 fps with PC high/ultra equivalent graphics for most of the upcoming games in addition to the 4K mode, that would be a big selling point for XB1X, making it easily worth the price imo, but they didn't ensure that, they left the choice up to developers and developers are quite lazy. 

They can't promise 1080p60fps because the CPU is basically only 10% or so better than PS4Pro and not much over X1S, so it wouldn't be feasible 1080p60fps unless they dropped other things and ended up maybe with a version not much better than X1S.

FentonCrackshell said:
shikamaru317 said:

I hope it'll still sell well thanks to it's increased power, but it feels like a really hard sell to me. If PS4 Pro drops to $350 and gets a bundled game this Holiday, we're looking at the equivalent of a $210 difference between the two this Holiday ($150 + $60 bundled game), unless XB1X has a bundled game as well, and even then we're still looking at a $150 difference for what is essentially just a resolution bump that you can only see if you have a 4K tv, doesn't seem like much of a selling point to me, not when 4K tv marketshare is so low right now. Now if MS had guranteed 1080p 60 fps with PC high/ultra equivalent graphics for most of the upcoming games in addition to the 4K mode, that would be a big selling point for XB1X, making it easily worth the price imo, but they didn't ensure that, they left the choice up to developers and developers are quite lazy. 

MS is most definitely going to bundle it. They'd be crazy not to have a bundle for the holidays. Either with a game or some free Live sub time. From what I'm reading online though it seems XBOX fans are really looking forward to the console. Most of them are offsetting the cost by trading in their current X1's to Gamestop and putting that credit toward X1XYZABCDEFG's.

PS4 released without bundle and Pro too.

LivingMetal said:
V-r0cK said:

I do, but i'm planning on getting a 4K tv in the near future.  Wouldn't mind an upgrade and put my current PS4 in my office or bedroom.

The Pro is my first PS4, but I'll agree that buying a Pro is a tough sell when you already have a PS4 at its current price.

I have both and since I have a 4k tv and wanted a PSVR it wasn't that hard to deceive myself into buying it.

zygote said:

Of course they are. I don't see pro selling as much as they would like though.

It's selling over their estimatives... but maybe you are just saying they would like more to sell 10x what they sold.

ArchangelMadzz said:

I mean they will but why do they feel the need to say this?

I'm sensing some insecurity about XBX power.

Edit: It's Jim ryan, never mind. Moving on.

Why would they be insecure if they had their best Q1 on PS4 history, even more when Pro only means 20% of the sales and maybe would be 40% without constraints and a price cut.

5drew00 said:
I got a PS4 Pro the Saturday after it launched November 2016 at Target where I work with my 10% team member and 5% red card Discount + an extra 10% discount which was 25% off and came to around only $320 after Tax!

The next day at same Target I got a 42" 4K TV on sale for $200 down from $300 and it came to only $180 after my Discounts!

I will get a 2nd PS4 Pro for $350 especially with a game if it works on 1080 TV.

PS4Pro works on 1080p tv (some of its games only display 1080p anyway), and for some games you have enhanced performance (fps or effects) or at least supersampling on 1080p tv.

ArchangelMadzz said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony always creates new tech and underestimates their demand. Perhaps you should learn to market like micosoft it's one of the few things they do better than you. They wield the power of perception regardless of whether they deliver or not.

Convincing everyone I know that last gen was a landslide victory for 360 even though they sold less every year except one is one of their best achievements. 

There are people that still believe this today and use vgc, crazy stuff.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Seems they played it safe with conservative supply for launch in case the market rejected it. Now that they're embracing it they'll prepare a bigger rollout this holiday. Some $350 Brack Friday Bundurus would do well.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Convincing everyone I know that last gen was a landslide victory for 360 even though they sold less every year except one is one of their best achievements. 

Just like true 4k uncompromised. Exactly.

But S.T.A.G.E, the visual marvel of Crackdown 3 is in true 4k. (I think) 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Just like true 4k uncompromised. Exactly.

A lot better than HZD

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

A lot better than HZD

Well duh.

Crackdown 4k > HZD Checkerboard 4k everyday..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

A lot better than HZD

YEah.....Keep this game in the class where it belongs which is with saints row. It's nice in it's  own right but it seems a joke to even compare it to horizon. Just hope the game doesn't get massacred by battlefront 2 and cod.

V-r0cK said:
So tempted but the fact that it doesn't have 4K player is the only thing holding me back :(

There a red almost no UHD BluRays available anyway. It's pretty much a dead format.

zygote said:

Of course they are. I don't see pro selling as much as they would like though.

Very funny...it's constantly outsold and hard to get by. 

ArchangelMadzz said:
DonFerrari said:

A lot better than HZD

Well duh.

Crackdown 4k > HZD Checkerboard 4k everyday..

Yep, it's a know fact (even it the game wasn't 4k on E3)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DonFerrari said:

A lot better than HZD

YEah.....Keep this game in the class where it belongs which is with saints row.

Played neither.

Errorist76 said:
V-r0cK said:
So tempted but the fact that it doesn't have 4K player is the only thing holding me back :(

There a red almost no UHD BluRays available anyway. It's pretty much a dead format.

And in Brazil I haven't found a single UHD disc to buy

LivingMetal said:
V-r0cK said:

I do, but i'm planning on getting a 4K tv in the near future.  Wouldn't mind an upgrade and put my current PS4 in my office or bedroom.

The Pro is my first PS4, but I'll agree that buying a Pro is a tough sell when you already have a PS4 at its current price.

I don't get that thought....it's about 50 bucks more compared to a slim with 1TB hard drive. It's incredible bang for the buck.