By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Looking Forward to “Selling a Lot of PS4 Pros” This Christmas, Says It Underestimated Demand

leo-j said:
V-r0cK said:
So tempted but the fact that it doesn't have 4K player is the only thing holding me back :(

It streams content in 4k ..... physical media is dying ..... 

OT: 349 bundled with Horizon zero dawn, with a big 4k marketing on it and it would destroy Xbox one x 

Yeah, but some people want the option. Myself included. Some people still need it, with data caps, poor connection speeds and whatnot. It's absecnce won't dissuade me from making a purchase, but it's a valid criticism.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Surprising. I would've expected them to look forward to only selling a few.

The Pro yields more revenue. For instance, if Sony is to sell 1 million PS4s, it's better if Sony sells 800K standard PS4s + 200K Pros as opposed to 1 million standard PS4s.

Aura7541 said:
NintendoPie said:
Surprising. I would've expected them to look forward to only selling a few.

The Pro yields more revenue. For instance, if Sony is to sell 1 million PS4s, it's better if Sony sells 800K standard PS4s + 200K Pros as opposed to 1 million standard PS4s.

I'm being flippant. Of course Jim would look forward to them selling a lot of their product. Otherwise, why would you say anything at all?

Microsoft gave Sony a sale boost by pricing there console at 499

I got a PS4 Pro the Saturday after it launched November 2016 at Target where I work with my 10% team member and 5% red card Discount + an extra 10% discount which was 25% off and came to around only $320 after Tax!

The next day at same Target I got a 42" 4K TV on sale for $200 down from $300 and it came to only $180 after my Discounts!

I will get a 2nd PS4 Pro for $350 especially with a game if it works on 1080 TV.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:

I mean they will but why do they feel the need to say this?

I'm sensing some insecurity about XBX power.

Edit: It's Jim ryan, never mind. Moving on.

Trying to keep the Pro in the limelight amidst the hype over the Xbox One X.  Spencer did the same thing.

Sony always creates new tech and underestimates their demand. Perhaps you should learn to market like micosoft it's one of the few things they do better than you. They wield the power of perception regardless of whether they deliver or not.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony always creates new tech and underestimates their demand. Perhaps you should learn to market like micosoft it's one of the few things they do better than you. They wield the power of perception regardless of whether they deliver or not.

Convincing everyone I know that last gen was a landslide victory for 360 even though they sold less every year except one is one of their best achievements. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Convincing everyone I know that last gen was a landslide victory for 360 even though they sold less every year except one is one of their best achievements. 

Just like true 4k uncompromised. Exactly.

Well if they really put a lot of inventory and make big discounts on X1X launch that can be a really dirt and effective move on preventing X1X from gaining momentum, it would only sell to the ones that are already committed to MS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."