By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR- New Monster Hunter from XX Team in Development For Nintendo Switch

This rumor holds some credibility as the same guy who leaked Monster Hunter World is giving us this information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6hzy9n/guy_who_teased_mhw_before_its_announcement_on_gaf/?st=j44etk66&sh=4bef9281

From the GAF User:

Originally Posted by Kinsei 

I don't think they will come around and localize this. By the time World is out development on a new MH from the XX team will probably have started. I think it's far more likely they'd focus on localizing that to keep the series going with worldwide launches than look backwards and localize XX.

MatrixMan.EXE: It's already started. Capcom's Monster Hunter teams are really stretched right now.

So we can hopefully stop the, Capcom isn't supporting Switch drivel...please?

Around the Network

hopefully comes west and is a traditional MH title not the dumbed down World like game.

SegataSanshiro said:
hopefully comes west and is a traditional MH title not the dumbed down World like game.

World dumbed down? It looks pretty cool. Unless you mean a dumbed down version of World

i need some switch MH, and i don't know japanese.. so please be true >_>

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

The only thing is, I don't understand the point. Why make 2 separate Monster Hunter games to come exclusively on different platforms, when you could make 2 Monster Hunter games to come out on all platforms?

It's a better move for both consumers and Capcom.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
SegataSanshiro said:

World dumbed down? It looks pretty cool. Unless you mean a dumbed down version of World

World looks like a dumbed down version of MH.  Esp with detective vision. C'mon.  Japan esp Capcom has a history of trying to make thier Japanese series simplified for the west. Rarely goes well.

Ljink96 said:

This rumor holds some credibility as the same guy who leaked Monster Hunter World is giving us this information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6hzy9n/guy_who_teased_mhw_before_its_announcement_on_gaf/?st=j44etk66&sh=4bef9281

From the GAF User:

I don't think they will come around and localize this. By the time World is out development on a new MH from the XX team will probably have started. I think it's far more likely they'd focus on localizing that to keep the series going with worldwide launches than look backwards and localize XX.

MatrixMan.EXE: It's already started. Capcom's Monster Hunter teams are really stretched right now.

Lets wait till we actually see something from Capcom. 

All these Japanese companies are getting a pass for crap Switch support thus far, I want to see actual games before praising them for anything. 

Soundwave said:
Ljink96 said:

From the GAF User:

Lets wait till we actually see something from Capcom. 

All these Japanese companies are getting a pass for crap Switch support thus far, I want to see actual games before praising them for anything. 

That's why I said, hopefully. I think Capcom is smart enough to realize how successful the Switch will be in the future with a mainline pokemon game coming to it int the future. Capcom is a lot of things, but they aren't stupid....most of the time Their choices with Megaman make me angry but the games don't sell and they have a right not to continue to produce the games as much. I think the issue with MHW was that the game was already probably in mid development when it was shown behind closed doors to 3rd parties. By then a devkit probably hadn't even made circulation or even development.

SegataSanshiro said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

World looks like a dumbed down version of MH.  Esp with detective vision. C'mon.  Japan esp Capcom has a history of trying to make thier Japanese series simplified for the west. Rarely goes well.

I guess that is true. I think stuff like Camo or Detective vision are a way to adopt Crysis and Horizon mentalities. But Generations was pretty dumbed down already. No story, Hunter Arts, So many gathering quests, and Palico mode to make every gathering quest easy. 

At least Worlds is an experiment and not a cash grab. I hope World isn't dumbed down though, and agree with you it could be in jeopardy. 

Why not just give them world? but lower resolution to get it to run the switch?