By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Do you like extreme metal?

Yes 43 63.24%

No 17 25.00%

See Results 8 11.76%

Total:68
VGPolyglot said:
OK guys, I put up a new poll, asking if you like extreme metal! This will help me with certain decisions in the future: personally I love extreme metal, but I'm not sure if most of you here do.

Not exactly my thing but there are undoubtly fans of extreme metal on vgchartz. BTW VGPolyglot what is your favourite Maiden album?

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I'm listening to this this morning.

My limit is like Metallica

Qwark said:
VGPolyglot said:
OK guys, I put up a new poll, asking if you like extreme metal! This will help me with certain decisions in the future: personally I love extreme metal, but I'm not sure if most of you here do.

Not exactly my thing but there are undoubtly fans of extreme metal on vgchartz. BTW VGPolyglot what is your favourite Maiden album?

Mine? It is probably Number of the Beast. The thing is, I remember first listening to it years ago, and not really being impressed. However, I decided to listen to it again for some reason, and it just clicked so much better! I really liked the 1-2-3 punch of Invaders, Children of the Damned and The Prisoner. Of course there's also Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills!

I don't know why it took me so long to listen to this EP, but now that I have, I really enjoyed it! Great second wave black metal!

Around the Network

So, I first heard this album 2 days ago, but I'm loving it! Great death metal from Poland!

Winds of Creation by Decapitated will forever be the greatest Polish death metal album. Absolutely staggering considering how young they were at the time. Shame they're absolute garbage nowadays.

As for Vader, I'm quite partial to Welcome to the Morbid Reich myself.

No True Scottish Pirate Metal on that list, so list is crap. :-p
I do hear metal, from Blind Guardian over Excrementory Grindfuckers (german fun Grindcore, need to understand the lyrics though) to Amon Amarth, Iron Maiden and so on.
I don't like Black Metal though, there's no milk in that coffee, sonot my cup.
And i don't like christian metal.

Sorry guys for not updating the thread this week, I'll be sure to have an album of the week for tomorrow!

A couple friends of mine are trying to get me in metal. So far I've listened to Slayer's entire discography, Venom's first 3 albums, Metallica up to the black album, Megadeth's first 4 albums, two Testament albums (The Legacy and The Gathering because it has Dave Lombardo as the drummer), Black Sabbath's first 4 albums, Deicide's first 4 albums, and Exodus's Bonded by Blood. 

Other than Anthrax and Death (which I already plan on listening to), can anyone give a good recommendation based off what I've listened to? I'd say out of what I've listened to, I like Slayer, Deicide, Megadeth, Metallica, and Venom the most in that order.