By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ori is the most powerful game series ever made

Umm... I played the first Ori, it was okay. But definitely not the most "powerful" game series v.v XD

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
I only cried for Lee in The Walking Dead Telltale series, so the OP is wrong.

The first game is fantastic though

still need to finish that game.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
onionberry said:

Exactly... and it's funny cause three of the games were microsoft exclusives (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall the longest journey and Halo Reach) People need to expand their horizons and play more games before saying stuff like that.

Exactly and last gen Sony was being made fun of for having too many artistic games. Journey, Flower, Unfinished Swan and more. I need to try two of the games you mentioned in . The longest Journey and Dreamfall. What platform are those on? Play Game of Thrones. That game had me on edge with some difficult decisions.

yeah sony has a lot of artistic games, the longest journey and dreamfall the longest journey are on pc and xbox. Part 3 is Dreamfall Chapters, that one is on every platform including the ps4. Amazing games with an orignal story... here's the trailer of Dreamfall Chapters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1x_jY-Z9I

Yes Ori is emotional and beautiful without being cheesy. Best platformer I've played.

Life is Strange and Dreamfall The Longest Journey were so good too. I'm now playing Dreamfall Chapters after waiting for 10 years for the story to continue.

Yet the game that I find the most powerful is Red Dead Redemption. It made me feel everything, joy, anger, hate and sorrow. Awesome stuff.

Splatoon is more powerful.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Vasto said:

At E3 Microsoft announced a sequel to Ori And The Blind Forest titled Ori And The Will Wisp and it brought out emotion in people unlike any other game. I have never seen anything like it ever. 

Remember that E3 of dreams?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1p8ZgvqYM

Final Fantasy 7R, Last Guardian, Shenmue 3

Id argue that even this year, Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter World, Beyound good and evil 2, had very emotional reactions.

Honorable mentions : Mario Oddessey & Spiderman.

Don't forget about Prime 4 and Twilight Princess! People went crazy about those 2 as well. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
JRPGfan said:

Id argue that even this year, Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter World, Beyound good and evil 2, had very emotional reactions.

Honorable mentions : Mario Oddessey & Spiderman.

Don't forget about Prime 4 and Twilight Princess! People went crazy about those 2 as well. xD

People where glad to see Prime 4, but in the end it just being a logo it didnt quite reach same levels as the ones above in bold.

Hiku said:

Vasto, this is an amazing looking game. But you're doing yourself no favors overselling it with taglines and unsubstantiated claimed like that, inviting unnecessary reason for people to object.

The game is strong enough to speak for itself without such hyperbole. But that's not enough. It has to be the strongest. The only one to incite such emotions. Etc.

Because you had to drag the conversation down that path:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzUxZCAzPG

Well said.

I've never played the first one. Have had some friends tell me that it's great. I just have to say, the images of people reacting that accompany the embedded videos look cheesier than a stuffed-crust pizza. I'll check out some raw footage. Sans sobbing, nose blowing, and life affirming hugs.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Link's awakening and Knights of the Old Republic are the most powerful games I've played.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.