By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ori is the most powerful game series ever made

FallingTitan said:
well i think part 1 had way more emotion involved in it.

Check the last video.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Vasto said:

At E3 Microsoft announced a sequel to Ori And The Blind Forest titled Ori And The Will Wisp and it brought out emotion in people unlike any other game. I have never seen anything like it ever. 

That's a bit of a hyperbole, don't you think?

Twilight Princess reveal broke the interweb.

Zekkyou said:
"most powerful game series ever made" seems a tad hyperbolic

is it even technically a series yet if it's only had one released game?

Vasto said:
FallingTitan said:
well i think part 1 had way more emotion involved in it.

Check the last video.

hahaha NO. in general i dont like trailers for anything. movies/games etc. i try to avoid spoilers. I will preorder anyways because part 1 was a MASTERPIECE and gem to the gaming world.

Ori is not the most powerful game. Shadow of the Colossus had no speech and it affected me on a whole other level a decade before the first game ever dropped. Last of us even struck a chord. No doubt Ori is great, but Microsoft needs to make more games that affect people from a higher level. No doubt their investment in indie titles have beared fruit.

Around the Network
FallingTitan said:
Vasto said:

Check the last video.

hahaha NO. in general i dont like trailers for anything. movies/games etc. i try to avoid spoilers. I will preorder anyways because part 1 was a MASTERPIECE and gem to the gaming world.

The last one is a video of part 1. 

Imaginedvl said:
Yah the game is really amazing... I'm really hyped for the second one

I remember I was in my bedroom on my PC and my son was in the living room playing Ori. I could not see the TV but I heard the music that starts playing when you have to climb up out of the hole that is filling with water. That music made me get up and walk into the living room to see what was going on. It was just that amazing. 

onionberry said:
the game is fantastic and artistic... but you need to play more games. For example, Life is strange, The longest Journey and Dreamfall the longest journey, Halo Reach, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, shadow of the colossus, To the moon and Life Is Strange (yes, again)

Qft There are more developers who were on duty with artistic yet gripping tales before ori. People flipped their shit when Shadow of the Colossus remaster was announced for Sony too.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
onionberry said:
the game is fantastic and artistic... but you need to play more games. For example, Life is strange, The longest Journey and Dreamfall the longest journey, Halo Reach, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, shadow of the colossus, To the moon and Life Is Strange (yes, again)

Qft There are more developers who were on duty with artistic yet gripping tales before ori. People flipped their shit when Shadow of the Colossus remaster was announced for Sony too.

Exactly... and it's funny cause three of the games were microsoft exclusives (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall the longest journey and Halo Reach) People need to expand their horizons and play more games before saying stuff like that.

onionberry said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Exactly... and it's funny cause three of the games were microsoft exclusives (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall the longest journey and Halo Reach) People need to expand their horizons and play more games before saying stuff like that.

Exactly and last gen Sony was being made fun of for having too many artistic games. Journey, Flower, Unfinished Swan and more. I need to try two of the games you mentioned in . The longest Journey and Dreamfall. What platform are those on? Play Game of Thrones. That game had me on edge with some difficult decisions.