By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Attack on Titan Season 3 Confirmed for 2018

Great news, let's hope the quality isn't affected by the little time between Season 2 and 3. Still I advice anyone interested in the series to read the Manga, at this pace the Anime will end in 40 years...

Around the Network

Considering how abruptly season 2 ended (had no idea that was the last episode when I watched it), you'd hope they have more ready soon.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hiku said:

I just want to take a moment to say that Eren's voice actor is phenomenal.

He was the first voice actor in Japan to win the Best Voice Actor Award two years consecutively (2013 and 2014) and I've no doubt he will take the award again this year after this performance.

I was just going to say this myself. I usually prefer to watch my Anime dubbed, but he did such a phenomenal job playing Eren that I have to make an exception for this show. The last time I was this impressed with a Japanese VA was Megumi Ogata as Shinji. I just couldn't being myself to watch Eva dubbed with her bringing so much to the role.

Anyone felt bad when Eren swerved Mikasa at the end. lol

Sweet. I wish it was coming out sooner, though.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Is season two even out with English dubs yet? ...are they even doing another English dub? That's the only way I watched the first season lol.

Depends where you watch XD

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I believe season 2 took forever because the creators were experiencing hell.

Anyways, the quality in the second season was simply unmatched. I expect season 3 to be beautiful as well

Mystro-Sama said:
Anyone felt bad when Eren swerved Mikasa at the end. lol

It's shounen. There's no romance besides awkward sexual tension.

outlawauron said:

Given that shounen refers to a demographic rather than a genre, I'd have to disagree with that. Shounen magazines don't usually broadcast it to the same level as stuff like One Piece, but it seems like most big shounen magazines will have two or three rom-coms running at once. And even outside that, even manga with a different focus won't always ignore it. I found Rave Master to have a more compelling romance sub-plot than most shoujo romance stories I've read.

To the original point about this series though...I would agree that rooting for any pairings in SnK is inviting dissapointment. I would point that more at the manga itself rather than its demographic though.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
outlawauron said:

Given that shounen refers to a demographic rather than a genre, I'd have to disagree with that. Shounen magazines don't usually broadcast it to the same level as stuff like One Piece, but it seems like most big shounen magazines will have two or three rom-coms running at once. And even outside that, even manga with a different focus won't always ignore it. I found Rave Master to have a more compelling romance sub-plot than most shoujo romance stories I've read.

To the original point about this series though...I would agree that rooting for any pairings in SnK is inviting dissapointment. I would point that more at the manga itself rather than its demographic though.

It's a categorization. It fits just as well as Action. Even shounen romance manga (including your favorite Nisekoi) are all about teasing with no payoff. Like I said, there's no romance besides awkward sexual tension. This type of show gives you an at best token ending where people end up together rather than developing those relationships.

But don't misunderstand, I'm not stating shoujo romance is any better.