By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X PC Build: Can you do it for $500?

I hate when they try these PC 'console' builds. Consoles will always be cheaper than their equivalent PC spec.

And they NEVER include a gaming keyboard and mouse. And yes, it has to be a gaming keyboard and mouse to be compared to the controller that comes with a console as it's designed for gaming.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Snoopy said:

You just said you're not a pc gamer and play only a few games on it.

You can play any Indie on any old PC just fine. 

State of decay 2 and crack down 3 aren't indies among others. And some indies are pretty tough to run on a very old computer.

Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

You can play any Indie on any old PC just fine. 

You can play those on console....

Why not just get rid of your PC completely and never buy one again?.

I do work on my PC. Also most indies are better priced on PC. It's really easy to lose access to a game you've purchased digitally on a console. 

Random_Matt said:
The XOX CPU is weaker than the FX line, find a crappy APU to put in their.

The consoles APUs lack in the CPU deparment but crush what PCs offer in GPU.

Unless there is some great laptop APU I don't know about. But those are probably very expensive.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Hiku said:
Vasto said:
Part Name Price
CPU AMD FX-8300 (3.3GHz, 8-core)
$90
Motherboard ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+[3][4] $45
RAM Patriot Signature 8GB DDR3/1600 (1x8GB) $47
Graphics card Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB Gaming 8G[5] $266
Storage Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue 3.5” 7200RPM HDD $50
Optical Drive LG UH12NS40 Blu-Ray drive $43
PSU Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze[6] $35
Case Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower $34
OS Windows 10 OEM license $32
Shipping Motherboard ($1), Graphics Card ($9) $10
Total: $652

You probably don't need an optical drive, since pretty much every modern game is available digitally on PC. So that's -$43.

And if you already have a PC, you probably already have storage, a case, and an OS you can use on your new one. That's an additional -$50, -$34, -$32.

$652 - $159 = $493.

So if you already own any kind of PC, you can turn it into a monster for $493.

People aren't reading it properly. This isn't a direct match. It's just a 4k pc as cheap as possible. There's no cooling system and only 8gb of gddr4. Hell, the motherboard is as cheap as they come. It doesn't even support wifi... In 2017. They've essentially cheated on this comparison and still come up short.

Around the Network

Amazing how cheap you can make things when you mass produce manufacture them. Only reason Nintendo devices aren't so much cheaper is because Nintendo consistently makes the smallest, most conveniently portable systems.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Chazore said:

You can play those on console....

Why not just get rid of your PC completely and never buy one again?.

I do work on my PC. Also most indies are better priced on PC. It's really easy to lose access to a game you've purchased digitally on a console. 

You can buy an atom laptop, for the basic of tasks.

Better priced doesn't really matter when you have sales on at least 2 of the consoles as well as deals found over on Destructoid. Not sure how you magically lose a game you purchased on your one console and cannot ever download it from the store again, that sounds farfetched. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

You can buy an atom laptop, for the basic of tasks.

Better priced doesn't really matter when you have sales on at least 2 of the consoles as well as deals found over on Destructoid. Not sure how you magically lose a game you purchased on your one console and cannot ever download it from the store again, that sounds farfetched. 

I 3D model, and work in Unity. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Random_Matt said:
The XOX CPU is weaker than the FX line, find a crappy APU to put in their.

The consoles APUs lack in the CPU deparment but crush what PCs offer in GPU.

Unless there is some great laptop APU I don't know about. But those are probably very expensive.

Well, idk if "Crush" is the right word unless you are referring to the GPUs that are in the APU on PC and not like what you would find in a normal gaming PC setup in which case, that would be true...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Cerebralbore101 said:

I 3D model, and work in Unity. 

Still don't have to use much...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"