By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X PC Build: Can you do it for $500?

What I always find retarded about these comparisons is, each individual component is priced as per it's individual packaged price, which includes a sales tax and retailer markup for every single component, too, as well as adding in non-essential parts like optical drives and such.

Then conveniently neglect to compare the fact that when all is said and done you end up with a multifunctional computer that can run applications, run home brew, be used for development on it's own, has no enforcement over how you use it, works with steam etc.
Compared to a box that is restricted and does little else than play games and stream video.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
I'm not a PC gamer. I really only play Civ, League, and Indies on my PC. But there is no comparing a $700 PC to the Xbox One X. The PC runs all the same games and then some. If you want physical games, and want exclusives get a PS4/Switch combo. Scorpio offers nothing besides better graphics, and PC already has that covered.

If you're not a pc gamer, how else are you going to play Halo 5,  Halo wars 2, Gears of war 4, player battler ground unknown, Forza Motor sport, forza horizon, Killer Instinct, State of decay 2, Cup head, Ori 2, Path of exiles, sea of theives and more? Also have the best multiplatform games out of all the consoles (better graphics/performance and better online network).

Tmfwang said:

I read an article that a MS spokeperson said that the equivelant PC would cost around 2000 USD

Edit, it was Mike Ybarra, and 1500 USD

http://www.techradar.com/news/xboxs-mike-ybarra-talks-xbox-one-x-and-the-future-of-consoles

$2000 or $1500 if you paid either of those prices and ended up with a PC that was running a cpus as weak ass as the one in the Xbox one x, you'd have been scammed badly.

NATO said:
Tmfwang said:

I read an article that a MS spokeperson said that the equivelant PC would cost around 2000 USD

Edit, it was Mike Ybarra, and 1500 USD

http://www.techradar.com/news/xboxs-mike-ybarra-talks-xbox-one-x-and-the-future-of-consoles

$2000 or $1500 if you paid either of those prices and ended up with a PC that was running a cpus as weak ass as the one in the Xbox one x, you'd have been scammed badly.

You have to remember consoles are also closed platforms meaning developers can get more out of the cpu and gpu compare to a PC.

Snoopy said:
NATO said:

You have to remember consoles are also closed platforms meaning developers can get more out of the cpu and gpu compare to a PC.

You mean like true 4K? Let me know when they manage it because they haven't so far.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
I'm not a PC gamer. I really only play Civ, League, and Indies on my PC. But there is no comparing a $700 PC to the Xbox One X. The PC runs all the same games and then some. If you want physical games, and want exclusives get a PS4/Switch combo. Scorpio offers nothing besides better graphics, and PC already has that covered.

If you're not a pc gamer, how else are you going to play Halo 5,  Halo wars 2, Gears of war 4, player battler ground unknown, Forza Motor sport, forza horizon, Killer Instinct, State of decay 2, Cup head, Ori 2, Path of exiles, sea of theives and more? Also have the best multiplatform games out of all the consoles (better graphics/performance and better online network).

Halo and Gears are generic shooters. Doom, Splatoon, and Overwatch are miles better. 

I don't do racing games. 

Killer Instinct is good, but the way they price the game is lame. I didn't buy Injustice 2 for the same reasons I didn't buy KI. I'm not going to support a company that sells me half a game at launch. All characters need to be available at launch, not nickel and dime'd out for $10 a character. 

Everything else you mentioned is either an unproven new IP, or an indie that I can play on my current PC just fine. 

I don't care about graphics one bit. I still play PS2 and Gamecube games from time to time. It's all about the gameplay for me. I grew up in an age when graphics made massive leaps every five years. Now things move at a snail's pace. 

NATO said:
Snoopy said:

You mean like true 4K? Let me know when they manage it because they haven't so far.

There is actually a list of games that show true 4k games for xbox one x. A lot of developers who are using checkerboarding are going to use thier resource else where (better draw distance, more stable fps, ect.).

The XOX CPU is weaker than the FX line, find a crappy APU to put in their.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Snoopy said:

Halo and Gears are generic shooters. Doom, Splatoon, and Overwatch are miles better. 

I don't do racing games. 

Killer Instinct is good, but the way they price the game is lame. I didn't buy Injustice 2 for the same reasons I didn't buy KI. I'm not going to support a company that sells me half a game at launch. All characters need to be available at launch, not nickel and dime'd out for $10 a character. 

Everything else you mentioned is either an unproven new IP, or an indie that I can play on my current PC just fine

I don't care about graphics one bit. I still play PS2 and Gamecube games from time to time. It's all about the gameplay for me. I grew up in an age when graphics made massive leaps every five years. Now things move at a snail's pace. 

You just said you're not a pc gamer and play only a few games on it.

Snoopy said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I don't do racing games. 

Everything else you mentioned is either an unproven new IP, or an indie that I can play on my current PC just fine

You just said you're not a pc gamer and play only a few games on it.

You can play any Indie on any old PC just fine.