By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2's soundtrack looking to be real nice...

This rhythm is a power shroom.
Yeah, Oddyssey track is the best track I heard this E3 by miles. Not surprising, Nintendo makes the best music in the gaming world imho. Love that jazzy, swing tone that they put on some of their games lately.

Around the Network

Very hyped for this new Xeno/Xenoblade Soundtrack ^u^

SegataSanshiro said:
Every Xenoblade/Xeno title has had a great OST. I expect nothing less.

Xenoblade chronicles x would beg to differ.  The soundtrack was easily the worst aspect of that game.  So hopefully they learned their lesson.

Volterra_90 said:

This rhythm is a power shroom.
Yeah, Oddyssey track is the best track I heard this E3 by miles. Not surprising, Nintendo makes the best music in the gaming world imho. Love that jazzy, swing tone that they put on some of their games lately.

DKC OST is a masterpiece:

I'm so happy that they are putting hard work into the soundtrack for this game. X was really good, but a few of the songs were really grating.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Every Xenoblade/Xeno title has had a great OST. I expect nothing less.

Xenoblade chronicles x would beg to differ.  The soundtrack was easily the worst aspect of that game.  So hopefully they learned their lesson.

I knew someone would do this. You're wrong. I have the 4 disc OST like I do with Xenoblade and gears. It's a damn good OST. Only the LA theme is meh. SI pent 800 hours in the game. I am VERY familiar with the OST and it's very good overall.

SegataSanshiro said:
gergroy said:

I knew someone would do this. You're wrong. I have the 4 disc OST like I do with Xenoblade and gears. It's a damn good OST. Only the LA theme is meh. SI pent 800 hours in the game. I am VERY familiar with the OST and it's very good overall.

Ok... I guess my opinion (and most people's opinions) are wrong then...

gergroy said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Ok... I guess my opinion (and most people's opinions) are wrong then...

Yup.

Sorry, but I couldn't help but notice that in the title "looking" is used for music! But I digress, music is one of the most importants of a video game to me. If a game has really good music, it'll probably have a much bigger impact on me. So, I certainly hope that it'll be great!

While I do like the X OST, I think the problem with the lyrics isn't so much that they are cringy (which they are, but I find it charming), its that they really highlight how often you hear some songs. Lyrics have a tendency of sticking in our brains so when you hear the same song 1000 times over the course of a playthrough, you really notice. Instrumental music I think is better for tracks that will see a lot of play and these instrumental tracks are damn good.