By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Splatoon 2 will all pass 10 million

What do you think?

You're right curl 273 64.24%

Go home curl you're drunk 152 35.76%

Total:425
Azzanation said:
Zelda will, Mario might, Splatoon wont.

Mario will be probably ending up selling more than Zelda BotW, Splatoon 2 in Japan alone will probably sell 4-5m.

Around the Network

I hope so.

Sure about mario, mostly because they will do several bundles, mario kart 8 DX too.

Splatoon 2, it's going to be serious bundled.

Still FIFA 18, battlefront II, Destiny 2 and Battlefront II will sell more this year than LTD for any of those Nintendo titles.

Ljink96 said:
...no. Mario Odyssey will be the only game to reach that number. And that's Lifetime sales. Zelda will round out at about 6.5-7 million, Splatoon 2...eh, 3 million.

I don't know.  Breath of the Wild has more broad appeal thsn previous Zelda games with its new mechanics, and still captures the Zelda charm to bring back existing fans.  Given that most of the past Zelda games have at least sold well, I don't see it doing much less than 10 mil, if not more.

Mario I see hitting the mark as well.  I get the feeling that people have been waiting for another 3D Mario game like this.  It will be interesting to see the sales.

Splatoon 2 I can agree with you on.  3 mil sounds about right, but could reach 5 mil lifetime depending on the kind of support it recieves.  We will see.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Splatoon 2 I can agree with you on.  3 mil sounds about right, but could reach 5 mil lifetime depending on the kind of support it recieves.  We will see.

I think you're seriously underestimating Splatoon's appeal. It sold nearly 5 million as a new IP exclusive to a failed console. Now that it has a fan following and is on a far more popular system, it's going to be huge.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Shiken said:

I think you're seriously underestimating Splatoon's appeal. It sold nearly 5 million as a new IP exclusive to a failed console. Now that it has a fan following and is on a far more popular system, it's going to be huge.

I made that comment not thinking about Japan, where it will sell in droves.  With that in mind, I do see 5 mil as a minimum.  However 10 mil will still be a hard line to hit.  It is possible though.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

kazuyamishima said:
Sure about mario, mostly because they will do several bundles, mario kart 8 DX too.

Splatoon 2, it's going to be serious bundled.

Still FIFA 18, battlefront II, Destiny 2 and Battlefront II will sell more this year than LTD for any of those Nintendo titles.

Mario Odyssey will not have bundle in 1st year, same like Zelda BotW, Splatoon 2 and MK8D will have bundles in 1st year.  FIFA 18, Battlefront II and Destiny 2 will be heavily bundled from start, and it's not exactly fair to compare sales of multi platform games with exclusive games.

Ljink96 said:
...no. Mario Odyssey will be the only game to reach that number. And that's Lifetime sales. Zelda will round out at about 6.5-7 million, Splatoon 2...eh, 3 million.

Yup, sounds about right.

Zelda and Mario can,I don't think Splatoon 2 will.

Yes for BOTW and Odyssey, but I don't think so with Splatoon. I can't see Japan inflating it anywhere past 7.5m or so lifetime.