By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Detroit: Become Human's script is more than 2,000 pages long! The biggest Quantic Dream-Game

What are you looking forward to most? Choose one answer.

Everything! "Detroi... 33 38.82%

The Story of course. 18 21.18%

The Gameplay-and Features. 7 8.24%

The Characters !! 2 2.35%

The beautiful World. 2 2.35%

The Atmosphere & Soundtracks! 2 2.35%

Other things : ) 5 5.88%

see results 16 18.82%

Total:85
RolStoppable said:
This game seems to be about humanity turning stupid and not giving a damn about the laws of robotics. This will certainly create interesting scenarios, but it requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.

What laws of robotics? Surely you don't mean Asimov's laws of robotics which are a sci-fi novel plot device. Isaac Asimov's novels are literally about the logical inconsistensies if those very rules and all the stupid complications that arise from attempting to folllow them. They aren't something any actual AI developer would think about when designing AI...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:

What laws of robotics? Surely you don't mean Asimov's laws of robotics which are a sci-fi novel plot device. Isaac Asimov's novels are literally about the logical inconsistensies if those very rules and all the stupid complications that arise from attempting to folllow them. They aren't something any actual AI developer would think about when designing AI...

But they are such good laws to create stories. Certainly better than the madness to give androids emotions and have them threaten human life because they go through an emotional crisis.

The laws of robotics have the clear intent to make robots that serve humanity (even if that goes wrong, but at least it's reasonable in its premise), but what's depicted in the first trailer in the OP is so strange. Why would any actual AI developer think about that and why would that ever go into mass production? Granted, the trailer may misrepresent the game and it's actually going to be about only a limited number of androids who for whatever reason developed a life on their own.

Where are you getting that these androids were deliberately given emotions? Everything I've seen has pointed to them being designed as emotionless servants. Those who do show any genuine emotion or independent thought are considered defective and supposed to be destroyed. Kara was a glitch of sorts and that anomaly seems to have gone viral from there. 

RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:

But they are such good laws to create stories. Certainly better than the madness to give androids emotions and have them threaten human life because they go through an emotional crisis.

The laws of robotics have the clear intent to make robots that serve humanity (even if that goes wrong, but at least it's reasonable in its premise), but what's depicted in the first trailer in the OP is so strange. Why would any actual AI developer think about that and why would that ever go into mass production? Granted, the trailer may misrepresent the game and it's actually going to be about only a limited number of androids who for whatever reason developed a life on their own.

Perhaps they'll want to give them emotions not to threaten human life, like empathy, compassion and morals.

The movie AI seems plausible, there are already ideas to use AI with AR to create imaginary friends for kids. Teaching AI to understand human emotions might be the same as given them emotions, who knows.

RolStoppable said:
This game seems to be about humanity turning stupid and not giving a damn about the laws of robotics. This will certainly create interesting scenarios, but it requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.

That and according to the trailer technology is also magic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mar1217 said:
Ummm, are we still talking about a game here ? Sounds more like a movie project than anything else. (Almost joking)

-_-'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_movie

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

If the writing is as hilariously bad as other Quantic Dream games (Heavy Rain especially), we're in for another treat. Honestly, the only reason David Cage has chosen the gaming industry over the film industry is because even the worst cinema has better dialogue and story than his games.

Detroit: Become Human releasing in 2018 :)
i hope (and think)... maybe in march ?!

I'm an author and I'm not too impressed. 2,000 pages is roughly what I write in 4 months. Sure, a whole truckload of work, but nothing too mind-blowing, especially considering that most likely there was a whole bunch of people working on this.

It's still a lot for a video game. But I have a hard time calling it incredible or anything.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Even with all the shortcomings of the PS3, I still remember Heavy Rain not only for the script, but for the great voice acting and motion capture.

You can have a great script. But at the end of the day the actors make or break a game like this for me.

I didn't like Beyond because it was too main character focused, I prefer several characters as long as they all show the same commitment. Fingers crossed.

Mar1217 said:
Ummm, are we still talking about a game here ? Sounds more like a movie project than anything else. (Almost joking)

Movie scripts are usually only around 150 pages.