By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who else hopes Metroid Prime Trilogy HD happens on Switch?

mZuzek said:
Vini256 said:

Never played a Metroid game, but playing Prime 4 without having played the previous ones would feel wrong so I hope they release the trilogy on Switch so I can catch up first.

Prime 4 will most likely be somewhat independent from the Prime Trilogy story-wise, though.

...but if you've never played Metroid, I recommend you start with the 2D games. Play them in story order (Zero Mission > AM2R or SR > Super > Fusion), you won't regret it. They're all amazing.

Just like most Zelda games then. But even if I do play Prime 4 I'll probably want to play the others afterwards, so might as well hope for a remaster to play those first lol.

Anyways, Metroid is a franchise that seems cool but I never got into it for some reason. I will definitely give it a try on the Switch, be it Prime 4 or the 2D games once VC comes around. I don't have a 3DS anymore so Samus Returns sadly isn't an option =P

Around the Network
spemanig said:
CladInShadows said:

I'd rather they keep the controls the way they were, though I don't see that happening, either for Prime 4, or for any theoretical remakes.

They would get destroyed in review if they cept the same controls. Especially 4.

They can keep ZL-Targeting, circle strafing, and even face button shooting, but they need twin stick controls. The circle pad controls for FF was fine. Just tune that.

Yeah, I know that the gaming world likes twin stick controls.  I'm just talking from personal preference.  I'm not a fan of twin stick FPS controls.  Besides, if they can allow the controls from MP3 in non-handheld mode, I'd be using that almost exclusively anyways.

Never played any of the prime games, so i would definitely buy this.

I have it on WiiU. If they do, they better have a big upgrade discount. Like $5.

Switch would be awesome and I think it would already work like Wii/U... maybe. Not exactly a pointer which was perfect, but tighter motion and the camera may make it happen.

It would take a lot of effort on their part to port 3 games that are 3-d action adventures. This isn't a 2d game or something going from the 64 to the 3ds like OoT and MM. I doubt they will do that.

Around the Network

Nah I'll stick to emulation in VR, but it'll be great to have an ultimate trilogy version on Switch.

Prime 3 remaster with improved motion & pro controls is enough for me.

Oh yes, would be a great way to satiate the fan base waiting for Prime 4.

CladInShadows said:
spemanig said:

They would get destroyed in review if they cept the same controls. Especially 4.

They can keep ZL-Targeting, circle strafing, and even face button shooting, but they need twin stick controls. The circle pad controls for FF was fine. Just tune that.

Yeah, I know that the gaming world likes twin stick controls.  I'm just talking from personal preference.  I'm not a fan of twin stick FPS controls.  Besides, if they can allow the controls from MP3 in non-handheld mode, I'd be using that almost exclusively anyways.

i'm not a fan of having to stop to look up.

Different strokes, I guess.

This would be great for newcomers to the Prime series but I don't know if they would do it...