By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who else hopes Metroid Prime Trilogy HD happens on Switch?

It would certainly be a nice thing to do, it could catch up all the fans who missed those entries earlier in their life. Or they could do like a Metroid bundle with prime 4 and then HD releases of 1, 2, and 3. Make it like $100 and you have an amazing deal right there.

Around the Network

I passed on the Wii version which I somewhat regret it. So I'd love for this to come.

If it's an actual remake (more than just a resolution bump) I may triple dip but I'm not really sure. Have played all Prime games at least twice. If an external studio remakes the games I'm fine with it.

Me!

I would prefer a full remake of the first game rather than an HD remaster of the three.

Around the Network

This would be a day one purchase for me. I bought them all originally, and then bought them all on the Wii. I'd buy them all again, especially if they offered both control schemes. If this were to ever happen, though, I can't see them remaking it. It would just be a remaster in the vein of the Zelda remasters. I don't think Nintendo has the kind of manpower to fully remake all three games in addition to working on the 4th game.

I still consider the first Metroid Prime to be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) games of the 6th generation. Easily.

I hope they do because the controls in the prime games suck, and they need an update.

spemanig said:
I hope they do because the controls in the prime games suck, and they need an update.

I'd rather they keep the controls the way they were, though I don't see that happening, either for Prime 4, or for any theoretical remakes.

This wil likely happen since Prime 4 is coming.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

CladInShadows said:
spemanig said:

I'd rather they keep the controls the way they were, though I don't see that happening, either for Prime 4, or for any theoretical remakes.

They would get destroyed in review if they cept the same controls. Especially 4.

They can keep ZL-Targeting, circle strafing, and even face button shooting, but they need twin stick controls. The circle pad controls for FF was fine. Just tune that.