By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who else hopes Metroid Prime Trilogy HD happens on Switch?

Metroid Trilogy HD and Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 HD really need to happen.

Around the Network

If motion controls like Prime 3 aren't included (and Prime 3 won't work without them anyway) I won't bother. I have the trilogy and the better way to play the games already. If Prime 4 doesn't have motion aiming (and that sweet grappling hook to pull enemies armor off) I'll be a little upset about it, but I'll have no choice since there won't be a preexisting better version.

If this came out in, say, Fall 2018 with 2019 for Metroid Prime 4, I would buy it in a heart beat.

h2ohno said:
Yes. These games could really benefit from the Zelda HD remake formula of redoing the textures and lighting in HD. They have high-enough poly-counts and good enough art to work in HD without being overly blocky. And I'd like to see how the Joy Cons control with an FPS (Prime 3 would need motion controls, at the least).

Well, the trilogy did make all three games use mostion controls. Or so much so as to aiming.

spemanig said:
I hope they do because the controls in the prime games suck, and they need an update.

The Trilogy redid 1 & 2 to have 3's superior aiming and controls.

RolStoppable said:
spemanig said:
I hope they do because the controls in the prime games suck, and they need an update.

You are a terrible person. The Switch controllers make the Metroid Prime 4 announcement disappointing in a way.

Nintendo should release modified Joy-Cons. A left one with a proper d-pad and a right one with a pointer; said right one would have to be thicker to integrate a pointer, but who cares.

Does it need a pointer? I feel like most games that use aiming with gyroscope don't need an ir pointer anymore. But they better keep gyro aiming and not go backwards to shit ass dual sticks.

RolStoppable said:
spemanig said:

i'm not a fan of having to stop to look up.

Different strokes, I guess.

Oh, you were talking about the GameCube controls. I assumed that you were badmouthing Wii controls because that's how the games were played in Metroid Prime Trilogy.

irstupid said:

Does it need a pointer? I feel like most games that use aiming with gyroscope don't need an ir pointer anymore. But they better keep gyro aiming and not go backwards to shit ass dual sticks.

Gyro aiming is no replacement for a pointer. It's slower and your thumb is occupied with a stick. With a pointer you have easy access to face and shoulder buttons of the controller.

Well, the right joycon does have an IR pointer.

superchunk said:
I have it on WiiU. If they do, they better have a big upgrade discount. Like $5.

Switch would be awesome and I think it would already work like Wii/U... maybe. Not exactly a pointer which was perfect, but tighter motion and the camera may make it happen.

Well you could always sell your trilogy. Pretty sure its a hot ticket item and would sell for a pretty penny. Probably can sell it for more than the new trilogy would cost on Switch.

Around the Network

Yes please. Metroid Prime 3 without the terrible pointer.

Edit -  the pointer was not the worst, though it was bad. The embedded motion controls to pointlessly (no pun intended) pull, push or press random stuff were. I guess Nintendo could have sort of forced them to include motion controls, IDK.

Never played a Metroid game before so I would be done for that. Imagine if Bluepoint took it over.

I dont expect, but I wouldnt mind. I wouldnt buy again, but why not give the option?
Should be easy, the controls for either tradictional(GC) and motion controls(wii) are already done. In the visuals, just render in 1080p(we dont need retexturing), just strait HD wii version.

Let the HD rumble for the metroid prime 4(can really be amazing, especially when the screen is black because you are with the wrong visor).

Gimme gimme gimme!

I don't want this to happen. It will make my Wii version go down in value.