By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Switch Third Party Society - 100% Fully Updated to December 8th!

I got both Doom and Sonic Forces.

Around the Network

I can call L.A. Noire on the switch my own.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Rocket League when I get home.

TomaTito said:
Ganoncrotch said:

will check it out while having a tea soon !

In reddit it says you need a linked account to play, when playing local multiplayer you will also need two linked accounts even when playing offline (although an update says you can cancel the linking prompt when offline). Some have already jumped into the conclusion that you would need two online subscriptions whenever the online service launches next year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7cu0oj/a_heads_up_to_those_buying_rocket_league/

I was able to add bots into the game and fill up the empty space no problem with my main account and a friend on a local account.

Worked fine like... the game runs fast it can just get a bit murky when the resolution takes a dive but really it's the same as doom... the core game is still perfect just means the visuals take a little hit now and then, it's expected tbh when you're playing on a console that weighs about the same as a controller for either of the other systems which can play it .... not to mention that the Switch console also has the power Cell and Screen built into the machine... the whole console is smaller than a game box of the PS4. you have to expect  compromises but as long as the core gameplay remains perfect I'm really happy the way the Switch is turning out the games.

Not sure if people played the vita AAA titles but they looked pretty... but frame rates just turned some of them into a screenshot fest... great for magazine shots but really just no fun to play at times.

But yeah here we go....

Not too bad looking when the res drops on the grassy field stage yeah....

but concrete is rough on the eyes, still though, 60fps seems to be pretty locked from my exp so far

Do keep in mind guys... these are all taken from the handheld version, I don't have my dock set up right now, so try to remember this quality on a 6.2" screen not your 20+inch PC monitor.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

L.A. Noire is on its way to me by post, so you can add that to my "tally" if you wish, OP.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

My Batman Telltale copy is arriving shortly in the mail :P I'm stoked!

1doesnotsimply

Sunstrider said:
 I should get Splatoon 2 instead but that game is pure cocaine

Surely if Splatoon is any illicit drug it's LSD.

Ganoncrotch said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Just bought

- Rocket League

Hoping it's a good port, bought it before a single review went up, tbh I'm sure I'll get €20 value out of it, loved the game on the ps4 and will enjoy a few games of this while on the go

It has to be said.... the resolution of rocket league in online matches is absolutely awful at times. it seems to be completely dynamic to hold that 60fps (which it mostly gets perfect) but the resolution really does look bad considering how basic this game is in some ways... I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes of it in terms of the physics and such but you can see when the action heats up that resolution has no shame in how low it will go.

After 2-3 other matches though it does seem to be dependent on a number of factors from the stage to the latency, for some reason bad ms in a round must but extra strain on the Switch to try to compensate for the inconsistent data you're getting from the other players. I'm not sure but now I've had a handful of games at nice res but a couple at definitely sub HD resolutions, all played on handheld mode of course for me.

The devs behind Rocket League have said they'll continue optimization post-release, so resolution may increase in a later update, as happened with the Switch version of Minecraft.

curl-6 said:
Sunstrider said:

Ganoncrotch said:

It has to be said.... the resolution of rocket league in online matches is absolutely awful at times. it seems to be completely dynamic to hold that 60fps (which it mostly gets perfect) but the resolution really does look bad considering how basic this game is in some ways... I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes of it in terms of the physics and such but you can see when the action heats up that resolution has no shame in how low it will go.

After 2-3 other matches though it does seem to be dependent on a number of factors from the stage to the latency, for some reason bad ms in a round must but extra strain on the Switch to try to compensate for the inconsistent data you're getting from the other players. I'm not sure but now I've had a handful of games at nice res but a couple at definitely sub HD resolutions, all played on handheld mode of course for me.

The devs behind Rocket League have said they'll continue optimization post-release, so resolution may increase in a later update, as happened with the Switch version of Minecraft.

Well the Switch version of minecraft had hit a tech hiccup which was what meant it ran 720p in both docked and undocked mode. but with Rocket League you could see that the game is just Dynamic in the ranges it goes through, the engine goes under stress and the Res just tanks down. I'll be honest though... I love that they just said fuck the quality for the 60fps point, the feel of the game is perfect even if it looks like it's running on a SNES for a few moments.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

RavenXtra said:
RavenXtra said:

Adding:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (I have it pre-loaded digitally on my Switch already)

Adding:

Steamworld Dig 2

Adding:

Rocket League

curl-6 said:
Sunstrider said:

So... where at an understanding that we're doing drugs then? Not sure if it's appropriate doing it here while mods are running about....

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid