By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles and Their Wannabe Resolution.

FallingTitan said:
oh who cares...all we know is Xbox X is nicest looking pixels on consoles of all time.

Highest ( imperceptible ) performance.

More less library.

Highest price.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I didn't wut?

And where did you get that number for Anthem/Asscreed?

half of 4K resolution is 4 million pixels which something between 1440-1800p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_resolutions

checkerboarding is displaying half the resolution essientialley. Its displaying this as resolution and switches the pixels with every frame, kinda like interlencaed resolutions

Thats not how checkerboard works though.

take your pic, and then make all the "white" boxes be the rendered image of the new frame, and then all the black bozes are "made up/reconstructed" images using sameples from the neighbouring pixels (which are taken from the rendered pixels). There is a lot more to this though, but this is the best summary I could give.

Pemalite said:
monocle_layton said:

Never said don't criticize the Switch. However, a more premium screen on it wouldn't make sense. Making it glass would leave it prone to cracks, and a 1080p-4k screen would simply destroy the battery, something people complained about as well.

Either we get a good screen with acceptable battery life or a spectacular screen with horrendous battery life. have both and you get a higher price tag, something no one would want

If battery was such a huge concern they would have used a more efficient SoC such as the Pascal based Tegra.

Also. The display technology itself is more important than the displays resolutions in regards to power consumption. You *can* have higher resolution panels consume less power than lower resolution panels. Samsung did it.

Nintendo could have also opted for a different battery chemistry which was also denser in terms of capacity.

Battery life is just a terrible excuse, Nintendo could have chosen better components. They exist. They are available. It's what *I* would have wanted, which may not align to what someone else wants. And that is okay.

That is where enter the 3 point, cost.

But sure since it isn't performance itself nothing is holding Nintendo to change to a better display and battery when the price is lower and they do a revision.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

But sure since it isn't performance itself nothing is holding Nintendo to change to a better display and battery when the price is lower and they do a revision.

I am hoping for a revision, that's likely when I will pick one up. I would prefer at-least an 8" screen. 7" would be passable. But it needs to be 1080P... And hopefully all games run in the "Docked Mode" on it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I think Microsoft have dug a hole for themselves by claiming it as a true 4K console. 60fps is gone out of window as well which was already known and they have admitted it as well. Personally I think they just had to better PS4P little bit with the same price. Say like 12gig of ram with more bandwidth and slightly more clocked cpu/gpu than PS4P and sell it for 400$. I think that would be enough to get them back. The X is going fail hard. They really need some good games to showcase it power. Forza7 a racing sim I am not sure. GTS looks awesome TBH

Around the Network

I just gave up on it.

If the game is fun AND gorgeous, that's just a bonus. Higher resolution doesn't necessarily mean a game looks better anyway.

Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

I am hoping for a revision, that's likely when I will pick one up. I would prefer at-least an 8" screen. 7" would be passable. But it needs to be 1080P... And hopefully all games run in the "Docked Mode" on it.

I don't use HH too much, but if I was choosing I would preffer bigger, beffier and with more battery for a good price.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."