By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: relationship with Nintendo is “incredibly strong”

thismeintiel said:
Boy, Spencer is just frantically throwing anything against a wall to see if it will stick these past few days. Unfortunately for him, it seems to only be working on the same small group that tries to defend his words.

btw thismeintiel, are you saying Spencer is making things up when you state that he's "throwing anything against a wall to see if it will stick"? Because if so, I don't think I spotted anything that was made up in OP's quotation:

"[Gerstmann also asked if [Switch] players will be able to earn Achievements.] "I don’t know yet. I’m guessing no. And this is a collaborative relationship between Nintendo and I; they don’t have Achievements on their platform. If they want us to, I would love to be able to do it… The relationship with Nintendo is incredibly strong. We obviously did the Mario mash-up pack into Minecraft; that doesn’t happen that often.""

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
KLAMarine said:

What antics and lies are you guys detecting?

"The relationship with Nintendo is incredibly strong" Oh really? I doubt that. Also, he's been saying alot of PR things that are also bullshit.

Well Spencer goes on: "We obviously did the Mario mash-up pack into Minecraft; that doesn’t happen that often."

Both Microsoft and Nintendo are in the hardware business so for the two to collaborate like this, in my opinion, is an example of a strong relationship.

I think Spencer's opinion would look similar.

KLAMarine said:
Aeolus451 said:

"The relationship with Nintendo is incredibly strong" Oh really? I doubt that. Also, he's been saying alot of PR things that are also bullshit.

Well Spencer goes on: "We obviously did the Mario mash-up pack into Minecraft; that doesn’t happen that often."

Both Microsoft and Nintendo are in the hardware business so for the two to collaborate like this, in my opinion, is an example of a strong relationship.

Just because two people have the same opnion doesn't mean they are right. They don't have a strong relationship outside of collaborating on one thing. That's closer to a one night stand. If they partnered and shared their games on eachother's platforms, I would call that a strong relationship. 

Aeolus451 said:
KLAMarine said:

Just because two people have the same opnion doesn't mean they are right. They don't have a strong relationship outside of collaborating on one thing. That's closer to a one night stand. If they partnered and shared their games on eachother's platforms, I would call that a strong relationship. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion on what a "strong relationship" is.

KLAMarine said:
Aeolus451 said:

I think that Phil should stop the PR antics. 

vivster said:
At some point he stops lying to everyone else and is just lying to himself.

He has yet to back anything up. His most recent lie was about the power of the XBOX and it was hilarious. Since there is absolutely zero evidence to back up his claim of "Nintendo and I are the best pals" it's best to assume it's the usual PR dribble.

You know, if you lie once etc...

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
KLAMarine said:

He has yet to back anything up. His most recent lie was about the power of the XBOX and it was hilarious. Since there is absolutely zero evidence to back up his claim of "Nintendo and I are the best pals" it's best to assume it's the usual PR dribble.

You know, if you lie once etc...

Good points.

Is it stronger than the unprecedented partnership between Nintendo and EA though?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

zero129 said:
thismeintiel said:
Boy, Spencer is just frantically throwing anything against a wall to see if it will stick these past few days. Unfortunately for him, it seems to only be working on the same small group that tries to defend his words.

I dont know. I think the other small group thats trying to twist everything he says is working much harder to try convince people everything is not ok at xbox and phil is a lier.

Im loving the last few positive MS threads from E3. They all have the exact same small sony group coming into them and they repeat the exact same words in every one of them threads. All any user has to do is look in any MS thread the last few days and you will see the same users in every one of them calling Phil a lier etc. Its so funny watching the Sony group enter self defence mode.

The Sony fanboys are indeed awful awful people but let me tell you from the perspective of someone who thinks that MS is the most consumer friendly company in the console business right now. Phil is a lot of times just spewing corporate garbage. Maybe not because he wants to but because it's his job. And lies should be called out immediately no matter how lovingly that individual may seem. That's not bashing or hating. That's just saying "Put up or shut up!"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well you don't have a very good relationship with Sony anymore after six months mud throwing at PS4 pro. But if Nintendo and MS are friends all the better I guess.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Halo 1/2/3/4 on Switch in exchange for Metroid Prime 1/2/3 4K on XBox One X

Fire Emblem Warriors port in exchange for Gears Of War 4 port for Switch

GoldenEye 007 with upgraded graphics for both XBox and Switch and online cross play for both platforms.

New Banjo-Kazooie developed by Rare for both Switch and XBox w/Banjo-Kazooie Amiibo

Mario DLC Pack for Minecraft available for XBox + iOS + Windows + Android in fall 2018.

10 classic Nintendo VC titles in exchange for Rare Replay and Killer Instinct on Switch.

Nintendo get rights to Rare-era N64 games for use on Nintendo 64 Mini (Holiday 2018). 

Good for you Microsoft? Just sign here and here ...