By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Geof Keighley's Best Conference E3 Poll? Microsoft wins!

Not surprising, they all sucked.

MS had the XB1X and low expectations so they win by default.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
He is in Microsoft pocket. He been paid to tell that lie.

I also thought Microsoft press conference was better then Sony's. Lol

I think a lot of people did :) 
To my point of view, Sony basically showed a youtube channel with trailers on a big screen, not sure how they even called it a "conference", was really a let down. Was hoping to see more third parties trailers (as I would be able to play them on the Xbox) but we did not get a lot and way less games than MS  at the end overall.

I would put Ubisoft at the level of Microsoft tho. Their conference was solid and that final was epic. 

JRPGfan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It proves a lot of people liked MS's conference.

I think Amazon is a better indicator of how effecting the E3's where.

Highest SKU of Xbox One S is #106, followed by the next being #255.

Not 1 sku of Xbox in the top100.

Also look at the games (pre-orders not out yet):

#2 Mario Oddessey (NiS)

#4 Arms (NiS)

#8 Mario + Rabbits (NiS)

#10 Metroid Prime 4 (NiS)

#11 Crash Bandicoot (ps4)

#12 Splatoon (NiS)

#22 Xenoblade 2 (NiS)

#30 Kirby (NiS)

#31 Uncharted - The lost legacy (ps4)

#32 Yoshi switch (NiS)

#37 Spiderman (ps4)

#47 Destiny 2 (ps4)

#54 Assasins Creed Origins (ps4)

#55 Call of Duty  WWII (ps4)

#59 Forza Motor Sport 7 (xb1)

#61 Monster Hunter World (ps4)

#65 FFXIV Stormblood (ps4)

#67 God of War (ps4)

#72 Dragon Ball FighterZ (ps4)

#74 WolfenStein II (ps4)

#80 Call of Duty WWII (xb1)

#81 The Evil Within II (ps4)

#82 Days Gone (ps4)

#92 Destiny II (xb1)

#97 Assasins Creed Origins (xb1)

You tell me, who won E3?

I believe any metrics you'll find putting the PStation Four ahead will be the "best" indicator for you :)
At the end, this shows that the Microsoft conference was not bad at all.

Bandorr said:
Gonna guess people "voted along party lines". And most likely didn't even watch the conferences.

Or that people thought microsoft had the best show...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Deception LOL

They had exclusive clearly listed for their actual exclusive games. And console launch exclusive for everything else. YouTube is a terrible reference for anything. You can find thousands of people in YouTube who believe Sandy Hook was a hoax or that the Earth is flat. In the end, who cares. There was nothing deceptive about calling something launch exclusive. It literally means exclusive for the games launch.

Is Nintendos spotlight technically a conference? Otherwise I don't see how the answer is anything but MS. 

Times exclusives dude are not real exclusives. Microsoft got desperate and that's understandable. Luckily Phil admitted on gamespot that they need to work on their first party because it seems always been the worst. Sony could easily do the same thing but they are busy showing real exclusives.

Not truly true real exclusives, sick burn breh!

Of course, when Sony signs exclusive deals or has a slew of timed exclusive indie titles, I don't remember you calling that desperate. And these are great looking games, not the typical crap we see Sony get exclusive launches for.

Around the Network

LOL Vasto...

This poll is a joke and was probably retweeted by XBox blogs and MS sites. You know the general opinion on the net is a different one. 

Wherever I go on the net the universal opinion was it was heavily disappointing and lacklustre. Sony's wasn't great but still better. Devolver Digital, Ubisoft and Nintendo still won by a margin! The fact alone Ubisoft came last in this poll shows it shouldn't be taken serious at all!

Imaginedvl said:
JRPGfan said:

I believe any metrics you'll find putting the PStation Four ahead will be the "best" indicator for you :)

I actually think Ubisoft won it, followed by Nintendo.

And that list of games I showed, basically screams "nintendo won" going by software sales following E3 reveals.

LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Times exclusives dude are not real exclusives. Microsoft got desperate and that's understandable. Luckily Phil admitted on gamespot that they need to work on their first party because it seems always been the worst. Sony could easily do the same thing but they are busy showing real exclusives.

Not truly true real exclusives, sick burn breh!

Of course, when Sony signs exclusive deals or has a slew of timed exclusive indie titles, I don't remember you calling that desperate. And these are great looking games, not the typical crap we see Sony get exclusive launches for.

That overused "desperate" word... I don't think any Xbox/Microsoft destractors really realize how Microsoft is doing well with the brand, not selling as much as Sony this generation does not mean they are doing bad at all. Quite the opposite actually when you look at the investement they are making, the conference they had (I mean, Sony showed a youtube channel basically with trailers, that was their conference, Microsoft came up with a real show, as always), Backward compatibility with 360, original Xbox (I mean, no matter how much you care about it, this is really cool for gamers, and it will come on PC too...), Xbox Play Anywhere which is most likely the thing I love the most about the ecosystem, an epic console coming out before the end of the year...

Yah right... Microsoft is desperate lol, if some people really need to believe that to make them feel  good and re-assure themselves about their choices or opinions, I respect it. But it does not make it a fact.

Kaneman! said:
JRPGfan said:

I dont trust poles... 

What's this, the 1940s?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Go around the net. There are idiots everywhere who believe there are 22 true exclusives coming to Xbox 

What makes a timed exclusive a "false" exclusive?

How do you get a general audience to miss the actual truth of what's being offered? You overwhelm them. Only people who pay attention will notice. Microsoft dropped 90% games that will be on both platforms (even if Its not at launch). When timed exclusive is not a true exclusive. It only means its launching earlier. When someone says 22 exclusives that's misinformation. Microsoft has a handful of exclusive split up between two years. We would be wise to add halo to next years list too.

JRPGfan said:
Imaginedvl said:

I actually think Ubisoft won it, followed by Nintendo.

And that list of games I showed, basically screams "nintendo won" going by software sales following E3 reveals.

As I said, metrics are fitting with your oppinion :)

And yes, Ubisoft should be higher anyway. Nintendo did better than Sony for sure but not as good as Ubisoft or Microsoft imo.