By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Geof Keighley's Best Conference E3 Poll? Microsoft wins!

Imaginedvl said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Not truly true real exclusives, sick burn breh!

Of course, when Sony signs exclusive deals or has a slew of timed exclusive indie titles, I don't remember you calling that desperate. And these are great looking games, not the typical crap we see Sony get exclusive launches for.

That overused "desperate" word... I don't think any Xbox/Microsoft destractors really realize how Microsoft is doing well with the brand, not selling as much as Sony this generation does not mean they are doing bad at all. Quite the opposite actually when you look at the investement they are making, the conference they had (I mean, Sony showed a youtube channel basically with trailers, that was their conference, Microsoft came up with a real show, as always), Backward compatibility with 360, original Xbox (I mean, no matter how much you care about it, this is really cool for gamers, and it will come on PC too...), Xbox Play Anywhere which is most likely the thing I love the most about the ecosystem, an epic console coming out before the end of the year...

Yah right... Microsoft is desperate lol, if some people really need to believe that to make them feel  good and re-assure themselves about their choices or opinions, I respect it. But it does not make it a fact.

So are you saying that Microsoft brought wasn't 90% eventual multiplatform titles ?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kaneman! said:

What's this, the 1940s?

What makes a timed exclusive a "false" exclusive?

How do you get a general audience to miss the actual truth of what's being offered? You overwhelm them. Only people who pay attention will notice. Microsoft dropped 90% games that will be on both platforms (even if Its not at launch). When timed exclusive is not a true exclusive. It only means its launching earlier. When someone says 22 exclusives that's misinformation. Microsoft has a handful of exclusive split up between two years. We would be wise to add halo to next years list too.

They acually showed 22 exlusives... The fact that you want to decide how they should use the word "exclusive" does not make it different for the people who actually cares, Xbox gamers. I WANT that PC/Xbox option, the Xbox Play Anywhere program is a benefit for us (Xbox enthusiasts), not an issue... So yes, I am paying attention to what they are showing and announcing and at the end, those Xbox platform exclusives are there for me, an Xbox gamer..

S.T.A.G.E. said:

How do you get a general audience to miss the actual truth of what's being offered? You overwhelm them. Only people who pay attention will notice. Microsoft dropped 90% games that will be on both platforms (even if Its not at launch). When timed exclusive is not a true exclusive. It only means its launching earlier. When someone says 22 exclusives that's misinformation. Microsoft has a handful of exclusive split up between two years. We would be wise to add halo to next years list too.

I agree that it's misinformation for people who don't pay attention, but that's beyond the point. I know MS didn't need to push that because those timed exclusives won't sell consoles.

My point is that timed exclusives are exclusives until they get released on another console. Exclusivity isn't defined as something that's unavailable forever, except if you want to force that standpoint. But then what term would you want to use for timed exclusives if not "exclusive"? Just invent a new term just like MS did?

As I understand it, Nintendo fans are pretty damn happy with their conference, Sony is okay with their conference and Microsoft fans are generally disappointed with their conference.

So at worst I can understand Sony or Ubisoft beating out Nintendo, but Microsoft? Are you kidding me?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Imaginedvl said:

That overused "desperate" word... I don't think any Xbox/Microsoft destractors really realize how Microsoft is doing well with the brand, not selling as much as Sony this generation does not mean they are doing bad at all. Quite the opposite actually when you look at the investement they are making, the conference they had (I mean, Sony showed a youtube channel basically with trailers, that was their conference, Microsoft came up with a real show, as always), Backward compatibility with 360, original Xbox (I mean, no matter how much you care about it, this is really cool for gamers, and it will come on PC too...), Xbox Play Anywhere which is most likely the thing I love the most about the ecosystem, an epic console coming out before the end of the year...

Yah right... Microsoft is desperate lol, if some people really need to believe that to make them feel  good and re-assure themselves about their choices or opinions, I respect it. But it does not make it a fact.

So are you saying that Microsoft brought wasn't 90% eventual multiplatform titles ?

Care to quote where I even talked that? That's really the only you can come up, your exclusivity thing? They showed 42 games and 22 were exclusives to the Xbox ecosystem (Xbox One and/or Windows 10). That's way more than Sony for sure... So as an Xbox gamer, I was pretty happy yes :)

I mean, you seem to have a real fixation on this exclusivity thing, then yes, if you want games that can ONLY be played on one box, then looks like Sony is doing exactly that. And you should care for it; but as an Xbox gamer, I prefer what Microsoft is doing and having an exclusive that can work on both Windows 10 and Xbox One is a huge advantage over what Sony is offering. 

Around the Network
DarkD said:
As I understand it, Nintendo fans are pretty damn happy with their conference, Sony is okay with their conference and Microsoft fans are generally disappointed with their conference.

So at worst I can understand Sony or Ubisoft beating out Nintendo, but Microsoft? Are you kidding me?

LOL yah, exept Microsoft fans keep saying the opposite... Looks like the only ones who understand that Microsoft fans are unhappy are the non-Microsoft fans :)
Of course you will find very few who are unhappy with it (same goes with Nintendo and Sony conference) but if you even just look at this thread, Microsoft fans are saying quite the opposite, so you are pretty making this up.

Imaginedvl said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They acually showed 22 exlusives... The fact that you want to decide how they should use the word "exclusive" does not make it different for the people who actually cares, Xbox gamers. I WANT that PC/Xbox option, the Xbox Play Anywhere program is a benefit for us (Xbox enthusiasts), not an issue... So yes, I am paying attention to what they are showing and announcing and at the end, those Xbox platform exclusives are there for me, an Xbox gamer..

22 so called exclusives of which 17 will be on PS4 as well! It's deceiving, just as the true 4K nonsense when it's already clear Assassins Creed Origins will have checkerboarded Faux K, just like Destiny 2 at 30 fps.

Kaneman! said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I agree that it's misinformation for people who don't pay attention, but that's beyond the point. I know MS didn't need to push that because those timed exclusives won't sell consoles.

My point is that timed exclusives are exclusives until they get released on another console. Exclusivity isn't defined as something that's unavailable forever, except if you want to force that standpoint. But then what term would you want to use for timed exclusives if not "exclusive"? Just invent a new term just like MS did?

Fair point. Understood. MS even closed the show with a multiplat. ThAt shows you what they think of the quality of their first party (sorry this is being written on a cellphone). Outside of forza they had nothing to show that could show the power of the Scorpio.

Well of course xbox won. Xbox be poppin son.

Errorist76 said:
Imaginedvl said:

22 so called exclusives of which 17 will be on PS4 as well! It's deceiving, just as the true 4K nonsense when it's already clear Assassins Creed Origins will have checkerboarded Faux K, just like Destiny 2 at 30 fps.

No wonder why you need to create alt account and get banned all the time with all this non-sense.
Microsoft said every first party game will be 4K, last time I checked, Assassin's Creed is a Ubisoft title and let's not even talk about why Destiny 2 will stick to 30 FPS. I believe everyone know why :)

And you are not deceived.. You would want to have Xbox gamers deceived and you pretend that you care, that's different. Be re-assured, we are doing just fine :)