By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you reckon the PS5 will be boring?

It kinda seems like we know what the PS5 will be: 10+ TFLOPs, 16GB of RAM, a better processor, ryzen vega all that jazz, you know a 4K bluray and anything else that seems right. But do you reckon they'll be some kind of unique selling point like the Switch? Or they'll just trust people will pick one up the better graphics, then the exclusives and so on.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Around the Network

I reckon Sony only needs to keep having the best variety of games, as it is now, for the PS5 to be successful, no matter what the hardware is at the moment. I also reckon Sony doesnt need a PS5 at the moment or the near future.

They just need to justify it with games. The ps4 boring, it's just a more powerful ps3 but I don't care because if has games that I want to play.

The next Playstation console is going to be a PC at this rate.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I think it ll be a decent step up.

PS4pro does cut a few corners to keep prices down.
A PS5 would have HD blu-ray drives, and native 4k (when tv's for it are much more common), and theres bound to be a few surprises.

I think the "feel" in terms of a stepup will be there just as clearly as it was going from PS3->PS4.

Around the Network

The hardware itself will become boring. There will be a point that a future generation won't look that much better for people to bother buying. Everything will rely on the actual games.

Anfebious said:
The next Playstation console is going to be a PC at this rate.

Yes that's what I meant but way more succinct, but I guess there's enough people who just by consoles for gaming that they don't need to worry.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

archer9234 said:
The hardware itself will become boring. There will be a point that a future generation won't look that much better for people to bother buying. Everything will rely on the actual games.

That's why Microsoft's Strategy could work well long term.

flint said:

It kinda seems like we know what the PS5 will be: 10+ TFLOPs, 16GB of RAM, a better processor, ryzen vega all that jazz, you know a 4K bluray and anything else that seems right. But do you reckon they'll be some kind of unique selling point like the Switch? Or they'll just trust people will pick one up the better graphics, then the exclusives and so on.

Games matter, as long as games keep innovating, tell new stories, create new gameplays, people will keep buying.

Consoles don't need a "unique selling point" (also called a GIMMICK), they need great games.

The PS5 will be boring. The PS4 proves that Sony doesn't have to innovate to sell well, they are the AAA platform of choice, all they have to do is not fuck up, so no exoctic hardware architecture like the Cell processor and no console launch price above £399.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million.