By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you reckon the PS5 will be boring?

Ljink96 said:
DonFerrari said:

So you are basically sure that no game can take the GOTY of Zelda? Good for Switch players.

I don't think there's a contest at this point. If there is one to rival it, it's Mario Odyssey but most people won't have had enough time to reach such a conclusion. And what does...Good for Switch players mean? GOTY means GOTY.

I see, so you aren't saying like no game could ever be better, just that you don't see a game above it on this year. fair enough although I would preffer playing my Horizon.

I mean that good for Switch players that will have a very good game to play, what else?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Ljink96 said:

I don't think there's a contest at this point. If there is one to rival it, it's Mario Odyssey but most people won't have had enough time to reach such a conclusion. And what does...Good for Switch players mean? GOTY means GOTY.

I see, so you aren't saying like no game could ever be better, just that you don't see a game above it on this year. fair enough although I would preffer playing my Horizon.

I mean that good for Switch players that will have a very good game to play, what else?

I gathered that good for switch owners meant that it'd be GOTY for Switch only and not across all platforms. But I guess not. Horizon is probably going to be a close second. 

Ljink96 said:
DonFerrari said:

I gathered that good for switch owners meant that it'd be GOTY for Switch only and not across all platforms. But I guess not. Horizon is probably going to be a close second. 

Nope, although I don't see why it received so much perfect scores I can understand the love for it and why it would be considered the best game of the year. So nope, good for switch owners just means they have good content exclusive to their platform meaning a reason to buy the hardware.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Ljink96 said:

Nope, although I don't see why it received so much perfect scores I can understand the love for it and why it would be considered the best game of the year. So nope, good for switch owners just means they have good content exclusive to their platform meaning a reason to buy the hardware.

Well...have you played the game yet? I'm in college and I make it a point to not play games during the semester, yet I sunk over 120 hours into it during the semester. It's a really addictive and well made game developed by over 300 people for 5 years. I think it deserves the scores it got.

Ljink96 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well...have you played the game yet? I'm in college and I make it a point to not play games during the semester, yet I sunk over 120 hours into it during the semester. It's a really addictive and well made game developed by over 300 people for 5 years. I think it deserves the scores it got.

Don't have Switch and when tried previous Zelda I didn't get the hype all of them had. So yes I see the scores as inflated. And I read several of the threads here pointing how the reviewers were pointing major flaws but not making discounts on the score to reflect that. Basically giving score based on how much they liked the game and not by their own technical evaluation.

Around the Network

The uniques selling point for any Playstation console is a plethora of games with huge variety. The hardware is just used to deliver it.

The PS5 Exists. 

o_O.Q said:
Every concole platform has games that are unique to it... i don't really understand this tendency nintendo fans have to imply that nintendo is the only company that releases unique games...

yeah people do seem to put them on a pedestal.  I buy Playstation for the exclusives personally.  Of course the added power is expected if they're going to start a new gen but I was enjoying PS3 quite a bit in 2013 and it was because of the extraordinary software support for a console in its final year.

I am Iron Man

Ljink96 said:
DonFerrari said:

I played it today on a friends switch.  Fought some guys in the open world but the combat didn't really seem different for all the praise it got.  It mainly just seemd to add an extra step of weapons breaking and every enemy dropping one instead of just keeping the same one.

I am Iron Man

As long as it plays games, does it matter if it has a unique selling point? Not really, I reckon.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Areym said:
The console itself can be boring but if quality and diversity of PlayStation games continues as strong as it is, then who care. Give the developer the tools and power to make the best games they can, whether it is a specific gimmick, functionality or raw power or whatever.
pokoko said:
Unique selling point? Yeah, I hope Playstation continues to focus on games and refining the things people already like. Games are why I'm into gaming, not hardware. Yeah, some people like to play with new bits of plastic and they want new experiences, even if they're ultimately not as good as what we already have, and that's fine, but not everyone needs to go down the same path.

I want a platform that is exactly that--a platform that best supports other things.

As far as it being a PC, everything on the market is already a PC. The only difference is the form factor and the dedication and simplification of the OS. Why would that change?

Agree, all i care about are the games, give me a console thats as powerful as it can be for 399, with a good variety of games , great exclusives, the best third party support a console can get and you will always get my money.