By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A ton of new Monster Hunter World details (PS4/XB1/PC)

No loading screens is great, the online sounds good and the new gameplay additions look fun, can't wait to play it.

Around the Network

Looks great. This is why nintendo should have bought capcom when they were up for grabs. The only big exclusive third party game on nintendo platforms, just like that, gone off to other platforms.

You couldn't make it up.

MH explodes on psp and it is shown on vita. Suddenly it's out on 3DS just as vita launches and not even a psp port which still would have sold millions. Yep capcom just felt like it. Nothing to do with Nintendo.

After years of massive handheld decline especially in the west, capcom release a version targeted at console gamers in the west and Japan. The Switch still gets a 3DS port and in 2 years will probably get a world port or ultra version. But yeah that's definitely big bad Sony.

The funny thing is this isn't ps4 exclusive in the west. It's still on pc and XB1. So even if this was the doing of Sony they were a lot more generous with their terms then Nintendo were.

spemanig said:
outlawauron said:

Indeed. Monster Hunter has a history a backroom dealings. Not surprised at all for Sony to have paid to specifically exclude Nintendo.

As I've talked about with others, Switch won't get blackballed completely. I don't get the notion that MH World will be a big flop for Capcom though.

I don't see it being a flop, but it remains to be seen if it can measure up to japan sales.

Yeah, wasn't referring to you specifically with that comment, but the general reaction from VGC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kerotan said:
You couldn't make it up.

MH explodes on psp and it is shown on vita. Suddenly it's out on 3DS just as vita launches and not even a psp port which still would have sold millions. Yep capcom just felt like it. Nothing to do with Nintendo.

After years of massive handheld decline especially in the west, capcom release a version targeted at console gamers in the west and Japan. The Switch still gets a 3DS port and in 2 years will probably get a world port or ultra version. But yeah that's definitely big bad Sony.

The funny thing is this isn't ps4 exclusive in the west. It's still on pc and XB1. So even if this was the doing of Sony they were a lot more generous with their terms then Nintendo were.

The DS sold over 2x what the PSP did. You don't think that had anything to do with the switch in platforms?

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Kerotan said:
You couldn't make it up.

The DS sold over 2x what the PSP did. You don't think that had anything to do with the switch in platforms?

Nope. The fanbase was on the Playstation side and Nintendo didn't want the vita to be a threat.  I believed they paid to keep MH  off Playstation. 

looks playable, wanna see that pc version

Looks good for a spin off.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

"This is the next generation of Monster Hunter!"
No underwater combat!
No local Co-op!
30FPS! and "maybe" higher on PC.
Sub-par graphics for PS4, Xbox, and PC.

Fuck you Capcom.

Rab said:
Reminds me of Ark

True but this has a big name behind it so will probably be played by more.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo