By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: SMO will get a 99 on Metacritic! [Update currently a 97!] I Took the "L"

Squalo said:
Jumpin said:

Out of curiosity, what risks?

Open world platforming, Mario in realistic settings, unconventional gameplay (Mario being able to take over enemies and inanimate objects), etc.

Just look at how Yooka-Laylee turned out.

Except Yooka-Laylee was badly executed in many ways.

Around the Network

Yeah, it seems possible. 98 or 97 seem like safer bets.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I think 97 will be more likely, but still universally acclaimed

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

WOW, that would be awesome! But my prediction is 98 & drop to 97 in few days... yep, same BotW situation :(

Is that even possible? I'm sure 2 or 3 crazy guys will give it a 70 and that should be enough to drag down the score.

Anyway, my prediction is 97.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

It'll be best case 95-97.

Just wait till I am wrong... lol.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Probably between 92 to 96. There's too many attention whores in this day and age, if they don't get a check they'll write crap on purpose. Sites and YouTubers with such records shouldn't be counted, their opinion isn't subjective.

With the last trailee maybe a 99 is.... Lowballing it? ;p

Just basing on the direct trailer, I'll go with 98.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

It'll get a 99 only because it has shirtless Mario :p