By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: SMO will get a 99 on Metacritic! [Update currently a 97!] I Took the "L"

97.86% because of the haters!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

if a single site which uses an "out of 5" scale to rate their games gives it a 4/5 (80%) it would take 20 reviews at 100% to bring that average back up towards 99% just from a math point of view it would be very very difficult to achieve 99% meta with the way certain sites rate games.

On a side note though... this game looks fucking incredible, I can't wait for holiday season.... and Virtual Console.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Im feeling that "94".

Anything over 97 in unrealistic. 99 is impossible. OoT hit that due to the small review count, hence its 97.5 Gameranking score.

Don't see it, 95 max imo. Anything below that is a bad game.

Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day

Around the Network

...and i still won't buy it. the second part isn't a prediction though, it's a guarantee.

Jim Sterling will give it a 7 to knock it down a point so he can make a video about how man-babies DDOS'd his site and guide his enraged fanbase to his Patreon with the attention.

It's still cool to hate on him with that conspiracy theory, right?

both Galaxy games have a 97, so I dont think this is too far off

It's extremely difficult for a game to achieve that score, due to the big number of reviews we get today... It'll score greatly, though, but no 99.

I predict a 200 since the media loves to overrate Nintendo games. Reviews are irrelevant anyway.