By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi 2018 is running on Unreal Engine

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

I'm happy that my sense stays as far away from any sense an unintentionally ironic fanboy has.

"Nintendo needs their own hardware to make the greatest games, they couldn't make good games on other platforms. OMG THIS 3RD PARTY DEV IS SO STUPID THAT HE CAN'T PORT HIS GAME ON MY NINTENDO CONSOLE!!!!"

Considering that you are now beginning to mix quotes of different people to make some kind of point, you are unintentionally ironic.

It was a solid guess, I'm sure he said those exact words at some point. Also how is it ironic? Haven't seen anyone else mixing quotes this elegantly.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Well people make what would X Nintendo game look like with unreal 4. Everytime fans do that it looks lifeless and bland. This is Nintendo pissing on those. Using Unreal 4 plus their art style and it looks great!

Seriously, this could not be anymore true.

Saw some gameplay at the Treehouse earlier, it looks really good but I can't help but think they could have made a more groundbreaking Yoshi game following BotW and Super Mario Odyssey

Between this and Snake Pass, UE4 seems to work very well on Switch.

I like the art design here. This feels almost like a true successor to the 2.5D style of Yoshi's Story.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Yep.  Hopefully Redout and Dragon Quest XI continue the winning streak.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

I'd completely forgotten about that one. May pick it up when I get a Switch if it's as good as it looks, I have a real soft spot for futuristic racers as I grew up on the likes of F-Zero and Wipeout.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

I'd completely forgotten about that one. May pick it up when I get a Switch if it's as good as it looks, I have a real soft spot for futuristic racers as I grew up on the likes of F-Zero and Wipeout.

It's been out on PC for a bit and is apparently quite good.  I just don't like racing games on PC and if I can have it on the go that would be ideal.