By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi 2018 is running on Unreal Engine

Great. That way it will be easier to port to other platf...ahahahhahahahahaha. Sorry.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
Wyrdness said:
So is Odyssey.

It is..?

Yeah, in additon to the new trailer that showed it, I and many others could tell when the Switch was announced in October that the Mario Game shown at that time was made in Unreal. There's a certain look to the sky that was a dead giveaway.

Ljink96 said:
Mbolibombo said:

It is..?

Yeah, in additon to the new trailer that showed it, I and many others could tell when the Switch was announced in October that the Mario Game shown at that time was made in Unreal. There's a certain look to the sky that was a dead giveaway.

Ah ok, that's cool!

I though I did read something else elsewhere. And I cant really tell the engines from another so I better leave that to people who knows hah.

For some reason, while watching trailer, I couldn't stop thinking of Little Big Planet.

Probably developed by Good Feel, definitely looks really nice and impressive

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Who's actually developing though? I'm guessing it's Good-Feel again.

When they revealed it I was immidiately like 'Oh Good-Feels new game!' I didn't even register that it was Yoshi at first. So yeah, my money would be on them. If it's anyone else they did a very good Job capturing Good-Feels style.

Also THIS is what paper Mario should have looked like. I kept complaining about how flat and unfocused the lighting looked in that, this game is gorgeous however.

This is actually a really impressive looking game. It's an interesting spin on the 2.5D platformer genre invented by Yoshi's Story 20 years ago. I also like that they aren't restricting themselves to the yarn motif but rather going for anything related to "arts and crafts." Woolly World I felt limited itself too much at times by only building worlds made out of yarn rather then just going for pure creativity!

Platina said:
Probably developed by Good Feel, definitely looks really nice and impressive

Yeah it's Good Feel, says so on Nintendo's official website.

Slightly off topic, but I really hope Prime 4 also uses UE4.

Illusion said:

This is actually a really impressive looking game. It's an interesting spin on the 2.5D platformer genre invented by Yoshi's Story 20 years ago. I also like that they aren't restricting themselves to the yarn motif but rather going for anything related to "arts and crafts." Woolly World I felt limited itself too much at times by only building worlds made out of yarn rather then just going for pure creativity!

Say what now?

Wyrdness said:
Mbolibombo said:

It is..?

At the end of the trailer the was an UE logo in the bottom left.

Checked the trailer itself and there is no logo or notation of any kind.  There's a UE4 logo after the Spotlight, but that's for Yoshi.