By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi 2018 is running on Unreal Engine

Wyrdness said:
Mbolibombo said:

It is..?

At the end of the trailer the was an UE logo in the bottom left.

that's the end of the spotlight, if you see that same splash screen has the copyright info for all the games shown in the full show. Pokemon, Metroid, etc.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Heh, this is what happens when you combine UE with Nintendo's art style and charm. Lifeless? Hah!

Kyuu said:
Awesome! People can now officially shut up about UE being bland and lifeless.

Honestly, all the people who ever said that made me face palm.  UE4 is exceptionally flexible and powerful and can create a diverse range of gorgeous aesthetics.  If any engine is lifeless, imo it's CryEngine.  I've worked with that thing and it's hard as freaking balls to get your game to NOT look like Crysis in some capacity.  It has one look, so you better like it.

wombat123 said:
Who's actually developing though? I'm guessing it's Good-Feel again.

Doesnt matter.... gameplay looked solid.

If it was 3 blind mice hidden away in some man cave, Id still be intrested in it, simply because of how good it look at E3.

Kyuu said:
Nuvendil said:

Honestly, all the people who ever said that made me face palm.  UE4 is exceptionally flexible and powerful and can create a diverse range of gorgeous aesthetics.  If any engine is lifeless, imo it's CryEngine.  I've worked with that thing and it's hard as freaking balls to get your game to NOT look like Crysis in some capacity.  It has one look, so you better like it.

Never liked the aesthetics of CryEngine either, I am however a humble peasant who doesn't know how to use this stuff so I aint judgin'! I've seen several games utilizing UE that looked so pretty, but some people will see what they want to see, and then call it an opinion when in truth it's mostly bias and stupid generalizations.

Don't get me wrong, CryEngine can be pretty.  It's one of the easiest engines to get good graphics out of.  But you either have to work REALLY hard or be willing to work within it's general look.  Kingdom Come Deliverance, for example, looks really good.  But it went with near photo-realism.  As does Star Citizen.  It's just limited in what it can do and you have to be very careful not to look like Crysis specifically.

UE4 has the greater flexibility by design.  However, UE4 has more garbage projects to be frank.  And that's be cause the full fat version of UE4 is completely free.  So there's a lot of hacks using it for things like Greenlight.  

Around the Network
vivster said:
Great. That way it will be easier to port to other platf...ahahahhahahahahaha. Sorry.

Tbh It probably is... if Nintendo wanted to port this to PS4 or XB1, its probably very little work to get that done.

That ll ofc never happend,..

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:
Great. That way it will be easier to port to other platf...ahahahhahahahahaha. Sorry.

Tbh It probably is... if Nintendo wanted to port this to PS4 or XB1, its probably very little work to get that done.

That ll ofc never happend,..

Of course they could but to quote a famous forum member: "They're either too stupid or too greedy. Period, end of story, full stop."

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I was sold on Switch when I saw Yoshi shooting up ugly rabbits. This is a bonus.

This game looks great and it will get more polish as its still a year or so away (not even a title has been determined yet).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

Of course they could but to quote a famous forum member: "They're either too stupid or too greedy. Period, end of story, full stop."

If only you would make at least half as much sense as said forum member.

I'm happy that my sense stays as far away from any sense an unintentionally ironic fanboy has.

"Nintendo needs their own hardware to make the greatest games, they couldn't make good games on other platforms. OMG THIS 3RD PARTY DEV IS SO STUPIUD THAT HE CAN'T PORT HIS GAME ON MY NINTENDO CONSOLE!!!!"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.