By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Samus Returns (2D) announced for 3ds launches September 15.

VGPolyglot said:
Wow, Nintendo definitely had the best E3 this year!!

Really? O_O

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
It's being streamed right now. It looks pretty good on the 3DS .

It's looking so good that I'm sitting here wondering why it couldn't have been cross-platform.  Then again, beggers can't be choosers.  Metroid fans got their dinner while Animal Crossing fans still have to sustain themsevles on Amiibo Festival.

Super Metal Dave was right after all!This one seems to be at least codeveloped by Mercury Steam(or something like that)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wow. Very good and unexpected news!

Shikamo said:

In collaboration with MercurySteam, Nintendo has revealed Metroid: Samus Returns for 3DS. The game is a remake of Metroid II and will launch on September 15. 

Wait...isn't that the company that almost everyone laughed at when it was leaked that they presented Nintendo with an idea for Metroid and it only consisted of story and graphical design elements?

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Super Metal Dave was right after all!This one seems to be at least codeveloped by Mercury Steam(or something like that)

That was my first thought hah, he's gonna be annoying for some time again now. But kudos to him! He deserves it..

credit to Nintendo for still contributing the odd thing to 3DS still

Nautilus said:

Was thinking the same thing, this will probably restore some of his credibility. Still waiting to see if LKD was correct about Beyond Good and Evil 2 being exclusive to switch.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Why is this not on Switch?

Because Nintendo is going drag every dollar/Euro/Yen it can from the 3DS. It's that simple.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Ljink96 said:

HOLY SHIT!!!! Why didn't they show this during the Spotlight!!!

Edit: Oh...it's a remake? No wonder Nintendo ordered a CND on AM2R.

Not it really IS another metroid 2 remake, amirite?

Also, it wasn't in the spotlight because it's on 3DS.

Also, I NEED this.