By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Samus Returns (2D) announced for 3ds launches September 15.

I still have my original Metroid 2: Return of Samus.

Around the Network

I was so pumped...and then see it's on 3DS instead of Switch. I mean...it looks okay, but also a major missed opportunity.

I will be getting that special edition and amiibo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

They will push this remaster out for the 3DS for now and then remaster it again two years later on the NS.
No biggie for me since i got a N3DS.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It's not a "new" game but it may as well be. I've never played the original Metroid 2 but I've heard it hasn't aged well. So yeah, this is indeed welcome.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
They will push this remaster out for the 3DS for now and then remaster it again two years later on the NS.

I think that if they do make a 2D Metroid for Switch, it'll either be a sequel to Fusion or a Super Metroid remake.

This is what will get me to finally buy a 3DS, though ill be getting the 2DS XL.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

PAOerfulone said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I think that if they do make a 2D Metroid for Switch, it'll either be a sequel to Fusion or a Super Metroid remake.

I'm sure they are keeping the super metroid remake for the NS. That's why they remade Metroid II for the 3DS because they could spare it and remaster it later again for the NS.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Art direction wise this one looks kinda terrible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

MercurySteam? Ewww. They're the guys behind Castlevania Mirror of Fate.