Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

I honestly was never drawn to Xenoblade X's setting, character style, artstyle and music.
This however looks and sounds gorgeous.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I wasn't to sure of the design at first, but i'm in now. I think the style fits better for the series then XCX.

Oh, yeah. That red booty is also nice .

Of course the style fits better. JRPGs tend to favor uniqueness in their character designs and a cartoon/anime look gets that better across than something that leans towards realism. Realism commonly results in something that either looks generic or ridiculous.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

I played Xeno 1 and X.
This franchise is still the shit.
Day one for me too.

Jranation said:
I dont know why. But this looks more charming than the Wii U one. Maybe cause im just an anime fan xD

Same. Love the art direction for this one, and it definitely looks more appealing than X. And it's not just because it doesn't have that creepy black haired loli anymore. *shivers*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Wyrdness said:
Interesting note it seems Tetsuya Nomura the creator and Director of KH worked on XC2.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/13/kingdom-hearts-iiis-tetsuya-nomura-is-credited-for-work-in-xenoblade-chronicles-2/

I think he just designed one charachter, and thats it.Its still interesting to see his involvement.So random.

Could this mean a better relationship betwenn Square and Nintendo?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I wasn't to sure of the design at first, but i'm in now. I think the style fits better for the series then XCX.

Oh, yeah. That red booty is also nice .

Of course the style fits better. JRPGs tend to favor uniqueness in their character designs and a cartoon/anime look gets that better across than something that leans towards realism. Realism commonly results in something that either looks generic or ridiculous.

Agree with you.Though I would have to say that the first Xeno style was really appealing too.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Ultrashroomz said:
Ugh that girl's chest is so big, she looks ugly. :/

Seriously, it just seems odd and out of place since she's skinny

Very nice looking game. Very excited! I love this series so much!

bigtakilla said:
Nuvendil said:

First screenshot he is in water, that obscures his shadow.  The other fight in the grassy region has shadows.  The second image does have shadows, it's just the source light is traight above and the image quality of your capture is bad.  And the last one, it's overcast.  Many games fade or even completely wash out shadows if it is overcast.  

There are numerous evidences of shadows in the trailer.  

If you say so. There was a brim of the hat trailer for the flower sword girl, and the windmill, that's about it. If they're there, and I do see a few in spots, then the shadow effects aren't good.

It really should be noted two things:

First, the footage from the stream is a stream.The quality of the video is going to be inferior.

Second, at the start of the stream, they did say that they are still polishing alot of things, so things like the mild pop in seen in the stream, or any other problem surounding the game may be fixed.

The only thing is that, yet again, they made a so so trailer for the game.That random voices they threw in the middle of the scenes were not great.But as Nuvendil said, XC wasnt stellar all the time too.

And from everything I have seen on the stream, the game looks and feels fucking excellent.Being a gigantic JRPGs, its harder to feel the game through watching.But man, cant wait for this

monocle_layton said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Ugh that girl's chest is so big, she looks ugly. :/

Seriously, it just seems odd and out of place since she's skinny

What? Can't a girl get breast implants ?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.