By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How would you rate PlayStations E3 Press Conference

What would you rate the Playstation E3 conference?

1 44 5.28%

2 19 2.28%

3 44 5.28%

4 50 6.00%

5 103 12.35%

6 119 14.27%

7 208 24.94%

8 152 18.23%

9 48 5.76%

10 47 5.64%

Total:834
barneystinson69 said:

So pretty much all the E3 conferences so far were let downs? I didn't have a chance to watch it (was getting my internet upgraded), but from what I've heard, it was meh.

it was disappointing. but Ubi had a great show. lots of surprises and lots of cool stuff to show. 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
7/10

Vr stuff was ZzzZzZzZ

Spiderman looked Fap worthy

Don't like GoW's new father son simulator direction

Aren't you concerned of the many QTEs Spiderman seems to go through?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

EA:2/10
MS:5/10
Bethesda:6/10
UBI:8/10
SONY:7-8/10. Considering how was MS conference I think Sony did not show all they had.

Btw I do not get why they keep showing the audience? They should know that they look soooo dead!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

6/10. Only a little bit better than the Xbox conference. Quality of games shown was very high but full of games that we've known about for ages. I agree with op, I would of given it another half a point with pre show announcements. Ok show but lack of surprises and new announcements.

Around the Network

I don't know if anyone already said this, but the issue is, that they announce the games way too early. So, new gameplay scenes of the unreleased games will come back for each E3 until the game is being released 2-3 years later. So, all we mostly saw are games, which were shown last year at E3.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

7/10, not much better then Microsofts. They announced shadow of the colossus but it was mostly hashing over old stuff. At least there is actually a lot of good games in the pipeline.

It's a slow year.

But they do have to pack two shows every year, if they didn't have PlayStation experience they could have announced TLOU:2 and Wipeout here instead, that would have shoved it right up to 9/10. So they have put themselves at a disadvantage compared to MS and they still keep up.

I give 1 beacause i m too spoiled from the last SONY E3 with big suprises and i need more exclusives more suprises because im too spoiled
im to spoiled and i don't want to see gameplay from the games i already know

That is your fault sony i need more cookies from you :)

Real talk 8**
True exclusives > True power

**Sucker punch, The last of us 2, are not there

LuckyTrouble said:
Fei-Hung said:
Like MS's show, it was good but not great. I rated it one point higher than MS's simply because it had more AAA exclusives than MS, but overall, both had a very meh showing. It felt like they held back their punches for another show.

1) I was expecting a ps+ announcement about the changes they were hinting at.

2) no price drops for vr or pro.

3) nothing from Sucker Punch

4) no Devil May Cry 5

5) nothing on Deep Down

6) no LoD

7) no updates on street fighter v

8) no software update for ps4

It felt like they could have announced things but they didn't. I think we might get more games being shown at another show closer to the launch of XOX or PSX maybe once they have got this year's releases out of the way. Even layden didn't wear his usual tshirts.

1) That would definitely be PSX or an independent press release type announcement. Service changes and updates aren't usually good E3 material.
2) Not necessary. VR isn't even a year old yet and is selling well. Ditto with the Pro. The Xbox One X being $500 probably doesn't scare Sony much either.
3) Probably will be shown at PSX. It likely wasn't ready for E3 or may simply be slated for mid to late 2019, making an end of 2017 showing respectable.
4) Might be at Gamescom or even TGS. That's on Capcom and not Sony.
5) At least we know Deep Down lives, right?
6) Let's face it: if LoD is getting remade, that is prime PSX material. I don't think it's ever getting remade though, as much as I hope and dream.
7) I think Capcom already dropped the news about the Super Street Fighter V free update. Not much to say there.
8) Sony just makes all their updates PS Blog posts. Unless they plan on changing the UI entirely, that just isn't something to bring to E3.

Overall, I don't understand the feeling that Sony held back. It was a more reserved showing, sure, but it was a decision to hype the near future. There is so much coming out in 2018 already, almost all of their E3 conference was dedicated just to those games. Anything for late 2018 and further on is better shown at the PSX press conference. Sony's conference makes sense. A more reserved conference gives them more maneuvrability going forward. They sort of backed themselves into a corner between the past couple of E3 and PSX events and would have had nothing for PSX if they blew all their projects at E3 regardless of their current status.

Certainly was reserved. You are right about PSX and TGS. I think they got so much coming out between now and end of this year, they just concentrated on that and giving more of an eta for games already announced. 

It was decent, I'd say a solid 7-8/10. Much better than MS, EA and Bethesda conferences, but a tad worse than the Ubisoft one (maybe because I really hadn't any expectations about the Ubi one but, holy shit). I don't really expect big things from Nintendo (maybe one or two surprises). But I'm excited about that one too.

One thing that bothered me though is that a lot of the games that were shown are not coming this year. In fact, I don't even remember what's coming on this year (my excitement ramped up with SotC and MH:Worlds xD). GT and Uncharted?