By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How would you rate PlayStations E3 Press Conference

What would you rate the Playstation E3 conference?

1 44 5.28%

2 19 2.28%

3 44 5.28%

4 50 6.00%

5 103 12.35%

6 119 14.27%

7 208 24.94%

8 152 18.23%

9 48 5.76%

10 47 5.64%

Total:834

Was worse than MS, 2/10 from me, wish I just stayed asleep.

Around the Network

1/10.

Seriously boring. They looked bored doing it. Audience was bored. It didn't have any meme moments but it was nearly as bad as Sony 2006.

7/10 if they had new Hardware i would gave them 9/10

SOTC remake is best thing out of E3. GOW and Spidey look good
Days gone still looks as bad as ever
6/10

Watching it now. I'm about 45 minutes in and the audience doesn't give a fuuuuuuuuck. There's a few games I plan on buying, though. No Goosebump moments, yet.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:

It's the only conference I have watched until now and most of the games they showed weren't really my cup of tea. God of War looked great graphically and I liked that the combat seems faster than the first time they showed it. That Spider-Man game looked fun at parts but I felt it had way too many QTE's, I hope the full game isn't like that. Also, not enough japanese games for my taste. If I had to rate the conference I'd give it a 6/10.

Did you really expect Japanese games though? Unless SE decides to show themselves, there's generally next to zero Japanese presence at E3. With KH3 and FFVIIR currently in some kind of lengthy development hell, I wouldn't expect those at any show before next year, and otherwise SE doesn't seem to have much in the immediate pipeline worth showing at a major gaming event.

Otherwise TGS is where to watch for Japanese games since it's usually easy enough to tell which ones may actually find their way out of Japan, but the wait for that always feels long since it's September for TGS.

Spider-Man was definitely heavily scripted, but it was for the sake of putting together a single comprehensive sequence. The final game will likely be less QTE heavy during the general gameplay segments when you're thrashing baddies or maneuvering around in a boss fight. I have faith in Insomniac. They have yet to truly disappoint me.

I honestly think people are just not excited for powerful music, cinematics, and flashing lights. Trailer after trailer and everything kinda feels like something I've seen/played before. Are games getting predictable and... boring?

Pro: Holy shit best stage presentation (and preshow) ever, lots of games and little talk again, lots of in game footage, healthy PSVR support (Skyrim!), first party games looked great (esp. God of War, Detroit, and Spiderman), SOTC REMAKE!

Neutral: Not as taken with Days Gone as other Sony games; while it does stand out in a few ways Bend is no Naughty Dog and the game still feels superfluous to me. Conference also seemed to fly by leaving me wanting more.

Con: No big new first party games (not even Sucker Punch!), crowd audio mixing inferior to previous shows.

Grade: B

I knew it wouldn't be on the same level as recent shows but I was still left wanting a bit. Even one big new first party game would have done it. Got plenty left for PSX, at least. Their presentations are getting absolutely bonkers, though...

Underwhelming but not horrible. Like Microsoft, they played it too safe. Highlights were SOTC remake and Spiderman gameplay. The support they showed for PSVR is also commendable. I just hope those games end up actually good. I'm quite confused why they didn't include Hidden Agenda, the new game from Until Dawn developers, the Playlink feature which gives other players the ability to play with you using only their mobile devices, the release date trailer for Ni No Kuni and all the trailers they showed on their Pre-show in their actual conference. They could have elevated the conference a bit more.

All in all there was not enough new games announced which makes it hard to get any "wow" moments. Them having one of the best, if not the best e3 conferences before doesn't help either.

And I'm done. It was okay, I guess. Didn't capture the imagination.