By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I was wrong about waiting till E3 for Switch third party

Honestly, it's pointless to blame 3rd parties when Nintendo isn't making a system for them. The top end 3rd parties anyway.

Around the Network

Been a dud for Nintendo thus far developer wise this E3, but lets see what they show tomorrow.

Nintendo has not been a 3rd party powerhouse for generations. So hoping for the best and expecting the worst is the most anyone could really expect.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ubisoft tried.

When will you people learn?

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
The Switch is going to get most of the indie games. The Switch will get all the Japanese Handheld support. (Which includes the Vita).

The only companies who probably will not support the Switch are PC western gaming companies that demand hardware with huge power.

The Switch will do just fine. Nintendo never had PC western support. In matter of fact they don't like Nintendo since forever. I doubt it will change this generation.

Nintendo isn't getting MVC Infinite, or Ni No Kuni. So it's more than just not getting the AAA PC titles. 

It's too early for third parties to "jump on the hype train." Switch has only been out a few months, prior to that third parties were likely very skeptical of its success prospects given the Wii U. So if third parties are getting interested, development on the games has likely just started extremely recently. Wait until next year E3 once the Switch is a bonafide success and third party games have had some time in development. I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of third party support.

I gotta apologies for the same reason. I kind of pushed Assassin's Creed appearing on the Switch along with Beyond Good and Evil 2 and a few other potential games. Though Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still a potential. Let's see tomorrow because I'm getting a strange feeling I'm speaking a bit too soon. There's a change and the rumors of Beenox's CoD: WII seems likely.

rjason12 said:

Dulfite said:
Um, Ubisoft announced like 4-5 games supporting Switch at this conference. That's more than I expected so I'm pretty happy. I don't need every 3rd party game because most aren't that good. The ones we have coming is good enough in my opinion. The only one I was bumed we dont have coming is that Ubisoft pirate game, that looked awesome.

And what was that? All I saw was that starlight, just dance, and the Mario/rabbids game.

One we knew, one that was expected, and one that's a toys to life game.

Just dance sells a lot on Nintendo. Make fun of Star light all you want but it almost a million people bought the hot mess that was starfox zero then imagine how many more will buy an actual GOOD space ship game? Or it at least looks far better than Zero. If I can't have a good starfox game or rogue squadron game, then by golly im gonna buy that game!

Mario/rabbids is the surprise hit of the show for me. That game blew me out of the water to what I was expecting

And you didn't even mention Steep (which looks beautiful) or Beyond Good and Evil 2 (of which the largest following of that game will be on the Switch I'm fairly certain as it will be one of the only mature games on the platform and is a sequel to a cult classic). And that's just for this fiscal year. Ubisoft is supporting Nintendo like crazy and its awesome.

Also, as people have mention, Switch just came out and is successful. Of course companies are probably starting to develop for it a lot going in the future, but companies don't announce games that are 2-3 years away from being released (or at least not Nintendo or 3rd parties). I'm not concerned, I'm very happy with the Ubisoft support.