By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I was wrong about waiting till E3 for Switch third party

RolStoppable said:
spemanig said:
Ubisoft tried.

How?

If I had to guess, I'd say that you are mistaking a first party game for third party support.

That Space game and Steep aren't first party games.

Around the Network

I'm not too surprised, the Switch only launched like 3 months ago and with shortages, it's probably not worth investing in yet

E3 2018 will be more interesting to see though, assuming the Switch does well

However, with Ubisoft showing a few games for Switch is already pretty good in my opinion

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

spemanig said:
Ubisoft tried.

Yeah, I'll give credit to Ubisoft.  They're not putting everything on the Switch but what they are putting is a hell of a lot more than what every other western 3rd party is contributing.  Even then, I didn't expect much this year from 3rd parties; next year is when I expect more significant 3rd party support since it seems (outside of a select few companies) like Nintendo gave dev kits to 3rd parties pretty late and decided to carry the burden during the first year by themselves.

I was surprised too.

Of course we need to wait for Nintendo E3 but so far nothing has really happened.

such a shame...

Switch!!!

If you´re waiting for western third parties support for the Nintendo Switch.... just forget about it.

The 3rd party support Nintendo needs and will probably get will come from Japanese developers, since portable gaming is still huge in Japan

Around the Network

Colour me surprised! When I first bought the Switch I was certain that I'll play Destiny 2 this Fall. This is outrageous!

Nah, really, Switch is basically a Nintendo focused machine, as it should be imo. We'll see some little support from some third parties next year though. 

Yeah.
But the real question about support will fall to 2018. If NS can sustain it's surprising sales, then bigger western support could pick up. Any recent change in western support should be visible around E3 2018. If not then, then it wil not come.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Why should 3rd parties support Nintendo?
Has Nintendo given them a market for them to thrive on - like MS and Sony did?

Until some big changes happen within Nintendo we will always get the bare minimum.

The Switch was never going to get most of the third parties.

rjason12 said:
KrspaceT said:
I was hopeful too....of course Third Party publishers are filth and I forgot that at the hope I might actually get to enjoy them. I even bought SF2 Switch to try and avoid saying I never did anything to help improve the situation.

We shouldn't have to buy overpriced trash like that, just to MAYBE get good support. 

I also had extra cash in hand and had been curious about Street Fighter previously. I am also aware of the stereotype of Nintendo fans only buying Nintendo.

wombat123 said:
spemanig said:
Ubisoft tried.

Yeah, I'll give credit to Ubisoft.  They're not putting everything on the Switch but what they are putting is a hell of a lot more than what every other western 3rd party is contributing.  Even then, I didn't expect much this year from 3rd parties; next year is when I expect more significant 3rd party support since it seems (outside of a select few companies) like Nintendo gave dev kits to 3rd parties pretty late and decided to carry the burden during the first year by themselves.

I will give them credit for their support, though their lack of 2018 targeted titles for the Switch is what frustrates me. 

DélioPT said:
Why should 3rd parties support Nintendo?
Has Nintendo given them a market for them to thrive on - like MS and Sony did?

Until some big changes happen within Nintendo we will always get the bare minimum.

What sort of market is needed? Does Nintendo need to release a few dozen zombie shooters first? 

Kerotan said:
The Switch was never going to get most of the third parties.

I don't need all of them, I'd appreciate seeing 60-70% of them.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?