By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Original BC!!!

Thoughts?

HOLY SHIT!!! 20 18.52%

Meh... 67 62.04%

HOLY SHIT 10.0!!! 21 19.44%

Total:108
VGPolyglot said:
pbroy said:
Achievements please. If I can pop in my Panzer Dragoon Orta and it downloads an HD version of the game with Achievements, that'll be dope.

Oh, did they say that they were going to upscale the games into HD?

They will get a performance and visual boost

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's cool, I guess I zoned out during that part or something.

One of the highlights of the conference. I still have a few of my og Xbox games. Wish I wouldn't have sold most of them.

dahuman said:
Not very hard to emulate an old celeron these days.

Indeed. Even the Xbox 360 did it.

pbroy said:
VGPolyglot said:

If they aren't increasing the rendering resolution. Then framerates, framepacing should see upgrades.
We might see improved texture filtering as that is apparantly mandated at the hardware level on Scorpio.

But the biggest gain will be the use of a digital interface rather than Component/Composite RCA cables... Some of the original Xbox games were also high-definition.

Personally I called this when they announced Xbox 360 backwards compatability and I took note that Phils twitter display picture had the original Xbox logo.
And it's about time too.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

In addition to Xbox One playing original Xbox discs Phil Spencer according to IGN said Xbox Game Pass subscription service would be a great place to put original Xbox Games!

I'm all for That! I love Xbox Game Pass! I still have original Xbox systems I get cheap at estate sales and all of my Xbox games!

Great Announcement! Xbox One X $499 price was not.

Around the Network

Cool. Best announcement of the show sadly. Everything else was kinda meh.

coolbeans said:

Just thinking of those framerate benefits for KOTOR.  /giddy

Better framerates, better framepacing, upscaling, digital output, potentially better texture filtering and anti aliasing... I would not be suprised if games like Morrowind, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis see big increases in second hand prices either. I'm not complaining. Makes my library worth more.

I wouldn't expect anything dramatic though, the old games will still look old and several generations removed.

Also... And not that it's a big issue... As not many games were online only. But I also hope they bring back online play for original titles in some capacity. And even some Arcade/DLC. There was a game called Ricochete that I wish I could download onto my original Xbox for instance.

I sold all my old xbox games, I still remember having a blast with Kung Fu Chaos back in the day.

Kyuu said:
Is it not possible to have it normally emulate all (99%) original Xbox games? I hate these half-assed BC techniques but they're certainly much better than Sony's bullshit.

It is possible. But licensing.
The Xbox 360 could emulate 476 original Xbox games out of a total 1045 games. So it wasn't bad.
Although the emulation itself wasn't perfect, poor framerates and frame pacing were common... And even artifacts and bugs occured in some games.

Super excited about this! Morrowind GOTY Edition please please pleaaaaaaaase!