By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft cuts Xbox One S price to $249 for the upcoming week

Looks like Xbox One might make it's way back onto Amazon sales charts again.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Feels like that hurts them more than helps them. That is just "more" price difference they have to try and overcome with selling the Scorpio.

But hey, maybe they will start actually selling xboxs again.

Losing money on consoles is a given. They make that back though Xbox Live subsciptions and Software. They made a fortune last gen on the 360 just with Gold Live members. 

Money isnt a hurdle for MS. They can easily afford selling at a loss if it leads to a profit in the long run.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Xbone S $199
Xbone X $299

Believe.

I like the 'X' model idea but no way its $299. I'd bet $349 as lowest possible or $399.

The price cut didn't show the price from scorpio, how you guys come up with that? they just done from the xbox one its over after 3 years and in 6 months they stop producing it
The 399$ that be the price for the xbox scorpio is because the most powerful console is here now and its cost 250 and of course they notice that ps4 pro price will be cut as wel.
Also we are the same gen still and people don't want to spend more to play the same games, but if they promise that all the 3d party games wiil be at 60fps and 1080P and if the forza is looks like that picture from DF, it will be easy win for them and its mean we are in new gen early

I'd buy it if it had more JRPGS or Japanese games in general. Xbox has next to nothing of them, only Final Fantasy XV and Type-0 HD, plus the upcoming Naruto Ninja Storm collection. The PS4 has those plus many, many more :/

Its a shame, because the console is designed beautifully but I refuse to buy a console that will offer me much less options or even exclusive games.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Xbone S $199
Xbone X $299

Believe.

I like the 'X' model idea but no way its $299. I'd bet $349 as lowest possible or $399.

Well I was just joking. But that would be awesome :)

Kuksenkov said:
I'd buy it if it had more JRPGS or Japanese games in general. Xbox has next to nothing of them, only Final Fantasy XV and Type-0 HD, plus the upcoming Naruto Ninja Storm collection. The PS4 has those plus many, many more :/

Its a shame, because the console is designed beautifully but I refuse to buy a console that will offer me much less options or even exclusive games.

Well if the last 4 years of this generation are anything to go by, I would think it obvious that Xbox won't be getting anywhere near the JRPG ("or Japanese games in general") support that PlayStation gets. But hey, at least you like the design of the Xbox One S.

ABTR said:

The price cut didn't show the price from scorpio, how you guys come up with that? they just done from the xbox one its over after 3 years and in 6 months they stop producing it
The 399$ that be the price for the xbox scorpio is because the most powerful console is here now and its cost 250 and of course they notice that ps4 pro price will be cut as wel.
Also we are the same gen still and people don't want to spend more to play the same games, but if they promise that all the 3d party games wiil be at 60fps and 1080P and if the forza is looks like that picture from DF, it will be easy win for them and its mean we are in new gen early

I'm sorry, but what exactly are you trying to say?

PLEASE READ

Best Buy already published their weekly deal

As mentioned before NO Xbox one S deal at $199

The cheapest ones are the ones with 500 gb at $249.99

NobleTeam360 said:
ABTR said:

I'm sorry, but what exactly are you trying to say?

I honestly don't know so I used context clues till I couldn't and then just read his last comma/run on. Believe that's the gist of it