By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA: Project Scorpio Is a Powerful Platform that Is Coming at the Right Time; Shows Gorgeous Images

Electronic Arts talked about Project Scorpio, sharing some beautiful and ultra-detailed images of Madden NFL 18 running on Microsoft's new console. 

Today, at Electronic Arts’ EA Play press conference, Executive Vice President and EA Worldwide Studios Head Patrick Söderlund talked about the upcoming console by Microsoft code named “Project Scorpio.”

“What we know today is that interactive entertainment will change more in the next five years then it has in the last 45. Together, we’re building that future. One that disrupts, empowers and is full of play.

To do that, we also need innovative new platform technology. So we were thrilled when we got our first Project Scorpio devkits from Microsoft… Six TeraFLOPS and true 4K graphical fidelity.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/project-scorpio-electronic-arts-madden-nfl-18-graphics-screenshots/ 

View on YouTube

Around the Network

New hardware is always welcome. It's not like there is a wrong time to release new stuff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
New hardware is always welcome. It's not like there is a wrong time to release new stuff.

Switch is new console too how come they didn't say something like that about switch ? 

Hardcore_gamer said:
vivster said:

Switch is new console too how come they didn't say something like that about switch ? 

Switch is work, EA doesn't like to optimize their software. Throw 6tf and 9GB memory at it and all the problems go away ;)

Doesn't really look all that better than what we've gotten lately. Maybe a bit but not hugely better. Perhaps in motion it'll show?

Around the Network

blah blah blah, TERAFLOPS, blah blah blah. blah blah blah, INNOVATION, blah blah blah. blah blah blah, THE FUTURE, blah blah blah. That's all I'm hearing. Usual marketing bullshit.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Hardcore_gamer said:
vivster said:

Because it's not a powerful platfom?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

But does it still use those useless Jaguar cores? I hope not, but fear it would be too difficult to use anything else and maintain compatibility.

Locknuts said:
But does it still use those useless Jaguar cores? I hope not, but fear it would be too difficult to use anything else and maintain compatibility.

It does use same cpu but it's custom made cpu 

Hardcore_gamer said:
Locknuts said:

It does use same cpu but it's custom made cpu 

Well if it can do checkerboard 4k at 60fps in most games I'll be happy.